Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

15481 - 15500 of 15537 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welp, since I got my truck in February, it's a 14 Laramie Longhorn Limited 6.7 all the goodies, tore off the chrome door moldings, removed and sold the bulky chrome wheel to wheel steps, LED head/fog/reverse/tag/cargo lights, added the mirror light mods to have them as running and signal lights, got up the nerve to install the factory cab light kit with amber Sylvania LEDs (kit was an easy install, took my time and did plenty of measuring, came out great and so far all water tight), added the OEM dually light bar under the tailgate, lights to the bed that work when the tailgate opens and closes, as well as lights in the toolbox that work when it opens and closes. The box is at the shop getting Line-Xed now, and I have added some home built telescopic work lights on either side of the box that are hidden until you need them (I'll post pics once it gets back/reinstalled). I eventually want to level it and put either the new General X3s or Nitto TrailGrapplers on it in a 295, and get some steps that are sleek and functional, as well as find a normal Laramie grill for it. Can't seem to get into that weird twisted mesh that's in the Longhorn grill. The honeycomb on the Laramie looks a lot better. Had considered the aftermarket grill that looks like the 5th gen but they all have the raptor lights in them (like every damn truck on the road these days) and require paint and that's even more expensive than the OEM Laramie grill. Feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh, replacing the stock lug nuts with nice chrome steel ones is on the list too.
20200616_042141.jpg 20200616_042203.jpg 20200620_111501.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the place to post up on your latest addition, modification, expense, or project on your truck! It can be anything from adding a tiny window sticker, to installing jet engines in the bed. It doesn't matter! The idea is to have a place to show off what you're doing and pick up ideas/ask questions of others. Pictures aren't required, but are always nice. If you do a full-blown how-to or modification worthy of it's own thread, plug the link here!

I'll start. Today I removed the manufacturers emblem from my grille guard and added a Cummins emblem. Total investment: $5 from Geno's. Total time: 10 minutes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cleaning the cargo area of my truck as I try to install the tonneau cover that I bought online. A friend of mine told me that a truck bed cover is an ideal way to keep goods safe and secure from thieves.
Well, it will at the very least keep honest people honest by keeping stuff out of sight. If a thief wants in, they're getting into it.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Changed both axles oil today in the 2500. I know its way over due, 80k+ miles (145k miles total) but oil had very little color to it and both magnets had very little fine metal on them. Have been using Valvoline 75w-90 synthetic. Tomorrow new Cooper Tires going on, down to wear bars (hate to put new tires on in summer) but I need to get through my harvest season.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Getting 40% tint done to all 4 side windows as i post this.

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Almost forgot...last week my idle hours went up to 10.
So I celebrated the occasion by adding 11 gallons of DEF. That was over two days, though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well I finally got tired of the brakes always making noise. At only 34K miles I decided to swap the pads to see if it helps

R1Concepts HD and had the rotors turned

While I was at it, I cleaned the wheel wells, greased the Thuren trac bar, and steering stabilizer.

To finish it off I also cleaned the wheels and applied a good coat of wax

This weekend, I’ll pull the rear off, clean them up, rotate the tires and grease the front driveshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did the 60K 68RFE filter service, glad that's finished as it's a very messy job.
Found the OEM filters and RTV for $61 & 12qts of ATF+4 for $75 on fleabay.
Just under 9qts to refill.

Reactions: Nater_Potater

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered Some of my Wishlist!! Can't wait for the next round of things to buy... (shhh don't tell the wife! bwhaha)

After watching Gale Bank's 33 minute video about diff covers, it was a NO BRAINER to go with the Banks Diff Cover... If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered Some of my Wishlist!! Can't wait for the next round of things to buy... (shhh don't tell the wife! bwhaha)

After watching Gale Bank's 33 minute video about diff covers, it was a NO BRAINER to go with the Banks Diff Cover... If you haven't seen it, WATCH IT.

View attachment 908699 View attachment 908700
I like that Banks cover...change it once and then drain and fill...

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,331 Posts

View attachment 908699 View attachment 908700

Hate to be that guy, but that was a giant waste of money....his "educational videos" are giant sales pitches and offer little actual evidence that his "improved" cover is better then some of the better covers out there for a fraction of the cost, PML or the factory HD cover are more economical options, without having a giant sales pitch team behind them.....You'll notice he cherry picked the worse designs to "compete" against, and copied from existing designs to "innovate" and then adding break off snag points, and increase your cost...

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,331 Posts
Also, the cost of amsoil does not equate to a benefit over running other synthetics with good filtration, so double strike on money wasted.

15481 - 15500 of 15537 Posts