15461 - 15480 of 15537 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reactions: Busted

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,331 Posts
@ Loki223 Doesn't help now, but a 60" in bed box is probably going to be your best bet to see that ball. Looks good though. Later
I actually have one of those sitting next to my shop that i pulled out of my 05, i wanted some space under the tool box for longer items, and if i switched to a between the rails box, i would need a different cover as well. Kinda wishing i had gotten a shallow one to give me a little more space under the box, but i think this will work for me. If it doesn't i can always resell, re-evaluate, and replace. So far for improving camera visibility, the black toolbox drastically improves visibility. I no longer have a glare in the sun from my tool box. I don't run goose neck's enough to really be worried about it, but if that changes i'll address it at that point. Overall i am happy with the new tool box, although i might see if i can get into the locks and get a heavier spring in them. I don't like the wimpy spring that they came with.

·
Registered
339 Posts
@Reaper22 Not sure of my actual empty weight of the truck alone. It's got an RDS 95 gal tank/toolbox combo, B&W companion hitch, and another 60" UWS box at the tailgate. We live full time in our RV. You could compare whatever your payload is and subtract that from mine which is 6400 lbs. 14000 lb GVW. Payload decreases with each and every amenity you add, ie sunroof power seats 4 doors and so on. It is a Tradesman, with the ST package, power seats and windows. I've gotten a few items from forum members here to try to get to Laramie status since they don't build regular cab long bed duallies with "luxury" in mind. So far it's got leather seats, still trying to find a leather jumpseat console, 8.4, 2016 Laramie dash EVIC, the all important CB and other small things. Kids are grown and doing good so this is all the wife and I need to get down the road with our dog. Hope this helps. Later

Reactions: Nater_Potater

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kids are grown and doing good so this is all the wife and I need to get down the road with our dog.
Man, what's that like? My thirty-one-year-old, her husband, and their 3-year-old are back living with us, along with their two dogs. Whatever happened to the "Empty Nester" status we were looking forward to?

·
Registered
339 Posts
@Nater_Potater AWESOME. Sell your house and hit the road. They don't seem to like it if they have to come and find you. A 2800 sq ft house is to inviting. 400 sq ft just isn't enough space for "THEM". Later

·
Registered
816 Posts
Man, what's that like? My thirty-one-year-old, her husband, and their 3-year-old are back living with us, along with their two dogs. Whatever happened to the "Empty Nester" status we were looking forward to?
there better be a dang good reason for my kids to move back in with me. aint no way. they cant stay if there arent any extra beds. just saying lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oil change today, greased front drive shaft and steering stabilizer. Need to do fuel filters but just didn’t feel like dealing with that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I looked all over the front driveshaft's cardan joint for a grease fitting, but to no avail. Did they do away with it for '16?

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Nope, it's still there. Don't look for a regular Zerk fitting and you'll find it.
Well, assuming that you're looking for it on the double Cardan/CV joint at the transfer case end.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Reactions: Busted

·
Registered
970 Posts
Once you find it take a paint marker so you know where it is for future lubing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my 2014 back from the shop. Added a 6” BDS lift with 20” wheels and 37”x13.50” tires both pro-comp.I Put in an EZ—LYNK programmer, with tunes from calibrated power, S&B cold air intake, 5” AFE dpf back exhaust. Night a day difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow now thats a nice looking long bed

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
parked it in my driveway for the first time last night, and then this morning did the 'dad' mod and added my girl's car seats into the back seat lol. Also added my to-go bag under the rear seat

15461 - 15480 of 15537 Posts