Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

15421 - 15434 of 15434 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I posted this elsewhere and then found this thread. My post should have gone here. Sorry to duplicate but here it is.

Instead of selling it, I installed it. :)

I installed my Baja Designs, OnX6+, 20" LED - # 4480301 behind the front bumper grill. I had to remove the air dam to get access behind the bumper. Most forum guys are removing the air dam to get more clearance and say they like the look better. I'm going to leave mine off for awhile. Not sure but I think I will put it back on as it does serve a purpose and clearance isn't a problem as I'm not off-roading this truck.

Having skinnier arms and little hands with long fingers would have helped a lot. I had to heat and bend a wrench to get the right angle for two little 8mm nuts. Took me about 10 heats and bends to get the right fit. Glad it's over. :(

This thread title says "today" - it took me longer than a day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gonna put this diff cover on my 18 with CS rearend tomorrow. Probably just gonna leave the rear sway bar off too.

20200527_130645.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
What diff fluid are you using?
UltraLube 75w90. Its GL-5 rated and has more certs than most other lubes and only 7.99 a quart. Im not paying 20 bucks a quart for any brand of diff fluid lol. Some of them are crazy overpriced for what you get.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's going on? Has there been a run of rear-end oil concerns? Because... I also changed my rear-end oil today! Went with 3 quarts of Mobile 1 Synthetic 75W-90 @ $12.99 per. It all came about because I noticed what looked like an excessive amount of slop at the pinion. I'm happy to report that the gears are fine; it appears that the slop is buried in the Torsen unit. This is, by far, the easiest lube change I've ever performed, and I've done a few! I chalked it up to the reusable cover gasket.

First, the fill plug's magnet had but a tiny smudge of super-fine powder of metal attached to it. I wouldn't even classify it as shavings, as the marks left behind on my fingers looked and acted just like anti-seize compound.

The contact pattern looked fine, so everything was wiped down, re-assembled, and refilled.

However, I now notice the left axle seal looks to have gone south.

Next!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got it changed in about 90 minutes. Fluid looked new still at 30k. Took the sway bar off. Gonna let it sit a while to check level again and let the thread locker set. I know it said not to but i loctite everything.
20200528_135227.jpg

20200528_142702.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Installed my 52 gallon titan tank last night. Transferred about 7 gal of fuel from the old to the new. The fuel low light was on at that point. So I know i have at least 7 gallons when the fuel light comes on. Filled it today. Took 43.3 gallons so there is 50 to 51 gallons in it. Was painful on the wallet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Installed a pedal commander on my truck today. Naturally I had to try out the highest setting(Sport+). WOW what a difference in pedal response. I could feel the tires wanting to break loose. Put it in city mode for now and I can tell the difference from stock. Turbo spools up quicker too. Gotta find the right setting for towing the camper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ordered 2 new front tires for her...Michelin LTX M/S2. They better be a lot better than the factory Nexen's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Ordered 2 new front tires for her...Michelin LTX M/S2. They better be a lot better than the factory Nexen's!
Funny, I just put my front Nexens back on the front today for the summer. Gotta wear the dang things out before they age out.
Unfortunately I have lots of them, too.

15421 - 15434 of 15434 Posts