15381 - 15400 of 15490 Posts

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,084 Posts

·
6,084 Posts
What are you using?

Chemical guys, I'll post a link in the morning. Easier to do on the computer then on my phone. Im pretty happy with it, but with new leather it's hard to really tell how good something is. Everything felt right when applied and after. Really it just gets down to using something designed for cleaning and conditioning. Links in the am

·
6,084 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Installed my new Mopar mudflaps. Had to buy a plastic rivet tool from HF. Damn, I'm getting old, those 20" wheels/tires are heavy. Thankfully I only had to pull the rears.

·
6,084 Posts
Installed my new Mopar mudflaps. Had to buy a plastic rivet tool from HF. Damn, I'm getting old, those 20" wheels/tires are heavy. Thankfully I only had to pull the rears.
I never did put the plastic rivets into mine. I didn't want to buy a tool and really, they don't need them...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Today I had to find someplace to get a flat tire fixed. Picked up a screw at the local dump the other day. What an ordeal.
There are only 3 actual tire shops in my small town.
One place that used to be Big-O was just swamped and I didn't even go in. Another place couldn't get to it til Monday. :confused: Even though the tire not on the truck.
At Tireworks the guy behind the counter said "I'll be right out" , well 30 minutes later after several other customers went in and he apparently forgot about my tire, I just gave up and left.
Went to a Mexican " Llantera " and the guy had my tire fixed in about 5 minutes. He said it was only $10 but I gave him $15 and told him to have a cold one on me. (y)

·
6,084 Posts
Got the stake pocket tie downs in. Fit fine, but I did have to trim the plastic. Put them in the middle and rear pockets of my long bed

20200505_174203.jpg

20200505_174207.jpg

20200505_174212.jpg

20200505_174215.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got the turbo kit finished up. Stainless diesel 467.7 5 blade. Rattle can ceramic paint on the pieces for this week. Parts going to powdercoat next Thursday for some illusion blue love. Got industrial injection R1’s a pusher intake horn and a new tune to go in next week when I take it back apart.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Got the stake pocket tie downs in. Fit fine, but I did have to trim the plastic. Put them in the middle and rear pockets of my long bed
Are these the BullRing tie downs? Did you get their special tool for cutting and trimming the holes or do it another way? I like the rings but am reluctant to spend another $20-$30 for tools that I'll use once.

·
6,084 Posts
Are these the BullRing tie downs? Did you get their special tool for cutting and trimming the holes or do it another way? I like the rings but am reluctant to spend another $20-$30 for tools that I'll use once.
No, i used these. They claim 3,000 pound capacity compared to the bullring 1,000 pound capacity. I just used an razor knife. I did not cut out the entire square, the only thing that needed to be cut was the left and right edges to fit the steel plate. Do i believe a full 3,000 pound capacity? not exactly. but they seemed to be pretty well made, i wanted to take a couple more pictures, but the mrs was hovering over my shoulder as she had a couple things she wanted me to do as well. The only plastic on them is the plastic trim panel, besides that everything was metal, and appeared to be built pretty decently. I used the Bulling interior bed tie downs to pretty up those tie points inside the steak pockets. the middle pockets there is no interference, the back corners there is a slight interference when the upper ones are collapsed, but not enough to really be noticeable. for 2 products, from 2 manufacturers that aren't designed to both be used, they work fine in practice. Once i get a load i'll do a better review of my thoughts on them at that point.

·
Cummins Dude
2,773 Posts
Like Loki223 I cut them out with a knife. Drop in, tighten screws, job done!
My box rails had knockout. The holes were a little larger than needed but the top plate covered it.
Sometimes I haul something like a mattress on my folding hard top tonneau cover so these come in real handy and work perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hit 75k the other day. Celebrated with an oil change, fuel filters, and a crank filter. First time doing any maintenance on the truck since I got it, and did didn't blow up. So... I guess there's that.

Bought the truck with 68k on it, figured I might as well establish a baseline on maintenance before our 4k road trip in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Added the turbo timer module to my edge cts system. Works pretty slick. 2 wires that plug into the fuse block with included taps and can use the egt probe i installed or if you do not have an egt can use the post turbo factory sensor.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Had been fencing this weekend. Used Big Blue to pick up a few bundles of posts on the trailer. After we took her to Crimetown and gave it a quick wash. Still filthy but better than she was...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was going to help a friend move his trailer out of the way so that he could dig a ditch along a farm I rent from him when all of a sudden my truck fell flat on its face and a pile of smoke out of the dipstick tube and a CEL. Couple days later after trailering it to the shop and going through some diag I have a NADP race trans ordered up. Good times!

15381 - 15400 of 15490 Posts