Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

14801 - 14820 of 15441 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
You got some cojones bud. I’ve learned how to do many things to my truck. one thing that scares me to this day is taking sand paper and going to town on a fresh paint job.

Well done..well done :thumbup:

Ha ha no sandpaper in that pic!

But this one yes

And the outcome:

And that’s just the practice panel to see what all steps I need to take. Should have 90% done tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Ha ha no sandpaper in that pic!

But this one yes

And the outcome:

And that’s just the practice panel to see what all steps I need to take. Should have 90% done tonight

Just don't do that too many times. There is only a finite amount of clear. You burn through the clear, you're done. The paint underneath is water based.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just don’t understand how that works. I’m very illiterate when it comes to paint, compounds, waxes, etc

Love that color combo with your wheels

Honestly it’s not as bad as it looks. Pretty simple idea. I start with the least aggressive and work to the point that the “issue” is corrected and work back to a gloss finish

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just don't do that too many times. There is only a finite amount of clear. You burn through the clear, you're done. The paint underneath is water based.

Yea I’m watching what I use and how far I need to go. Hoping the compound that Came in today will work over the sanding.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Edges and body lines are the easiest and quickest to burn through. There is no kinda burn through. Once you're through, you are through. Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tried to tackle installing my kickback mud flaps the other day but decided against it for now until I have more time. I bought just the aluminium brackets and will cut and mount my factory flaps to them.

That being said, can anyone offer up some tips and tricks to it? Ways to keep them level and even stick out on each side, front and back. Looks like its going to be a pain to get them all the same. Would like to use the factory bolt holes for the flares/fender liner too so I don't have to drill more holes in the fenders.
I was thinking about cutting a block to set them on so they are all the same distance off the ground, as well as adding clear 3m rock guard tape to the paint to prevent rocks and sand getting in behind and rusting out the fenders around the bolt holes. Any other tips?

Photo from google

·
Registered
80 Posts
wouldn't it be easier to buy the correct offset wheels?:confused013:
If you are responding to me, the reason behind my logic is my mud flaps were just put on with self tapping screws, not sure who did it, but it ended up ruining my front fenders and starting to damage the rear. These also provide a little extra protection.

They also slightly rub on the bolt heads with my larger tires, so going this route would fix a lot of these little issues. And I got a really good deal on the brackets too. Just looking for some install tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need info

Hey guys I have a 2014 Cummins with Efi live tunes and an edge insight cts2. I have the edge eas shift in the fly hookup but my tunes won’t change. I had heard that the eas shift on the fly is not compatible with efi live on the Cummins. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

·
Cummins Freak
3,252 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2014 Cummins with Efi live tunes and an edge insight cts2. I have the edge eas shift in the fly hookup but my tunes won’t change. I had heard that the eas shift on the fly is not compatible with efi live on the Cummins. Does anyone have anymore info on this?
It's not compatible with Cummins!! You will have to purchase the "Ugly" knob.....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well paint correction is complete and reapplied the ceramic coat

Before

And done

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quick oil change and we're ready for the road again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Finished the install of my Carli leaf springs, pintop shocks, and EMF intermediate steering shaft bushings

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,825 Posts
Sold the 12 longform, found a brand new 18 limited 3500 crew cab long box still on a dealer's lot for a screaming price. For some reason they don't want an 18 sitting next to a 2020 on the lot. So I decided to move up in the world and join the ranks of the new trucks. I really like having android auto on the 8.4. Don't know why they didn't do that sooner....

Sent from my Pocket talket using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,825 Posts
Added a little tool box I picked up from my neighbor. Saw the label and couldn't say no

Sent from my Pocket talket using Tapatalk

14801 - 14820 of 15441 Posts