Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 15443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Dad got suckered into one of these on his last truck, if you live somewhere with snow and road salt it's buggered after one winter.

We both have b&w hitches and keep the pins anti siezed.
I have the Andersen Rapid Hitch and I absolutely love it. It works with every truck I will own and with every trailer I want to hook to.

It weighs 15 pounds, is rated for a 10,000 pound trailer and I have the greaseless balls (seriously) and can switch from 2" to 2 5/16" balls in seconds by simply turning them over. And there is a ton of up/down adjustment for the different trailer heights. Every trailer I pull is level. Just wish they would sell a pintel hitch option (talked to them but they won't make one :doh:).

I also keep the pins (very important) and locks lubed or you will be buying a new pin if you keep it in the truck as opposed to removing after use.

Linky: Rapid Hitch

And I will be buying a cap too.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Running boards and mud flaps today.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the Andersen Rapid Hitch and I absolutely love it. It works with every truck I will own and with every trailer I want to hook to.

It weighs 15 pounds, is rated for a 10,000 pound trailer and I have the greaseless balls (seriously) and can switch from 2" to 2 5/16" balls in seconds by simply turning them over. And there is a ton of up/down adjustment for the different trailer heights. Every trailer I pull is level. Just wish they would sell a pintel hitch option (talked to them but they won't make one :doh:).

I also keep the pins (very important) and locks lubed or you will be buying a new pin if you keep it in the truck as opposed to removing after use.

Linky: Rapid Hitch

And I will be buying a cap too.
While researching adjustable ball mounts I noticed that B & W offers a pintle attachment for their tow and stow mount. Thanks for the info on Rapid Hitch, I wish DT offered greaseless balls for their ball mounts.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
Cummins Fan
2,173 Posts
Is that a factory add on or aftermarket? Looks good!
Aftermarket it's made by rydeen. The GPS is ok at best. Usually use google maps on my phone anyways. I had it put on in Victoria tx. They had the camera right above the license plate but I didn't like it. So I moved it to the oem position.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
52 Posts
First days of modding...

Hopefully more to come.

#1 Was putting the Regulator stick in place! We bought the truck to tow the boat so that had to be first!

#2 We de-badged the tailgate. I would love to do the doors as well but way to much work!!

#3 Put the xpel front end paint protection kit on.

#4 Did the winshield and front doors in 60% wincos tint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My latest editions, debadged the tail gate, devinyled the doors, window tint to match the rear windows and a Rhino Liner. Got the truck somewhat clean to take a picture and a sob bird does a drive by and leaves his droppings on the side, I swear I heard him laughing as he flew away!

·
Registered
359 Posts
got the air horns in for m fd light setup just waiting on the tank and compressor and the truck that is at the distribution lot just a hundred miles away and has been there for days :banghead::banghead:

and went on a call not on topic but its as close to having my truck as i got

·
Registered
52 Posts
Day two of modding....

Did the uconnect update and installed a bilind mount for my V1.

Can someone answer a question for me? I setup pandora in my uconnect account online in the web portal; but I do not have any media apps? Does pandora not work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drilled a hole in the top of a brand new truck:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Looks good, Northern! Bet it will stay a lot cooler than black, too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am hoping so...

Looks good, Northern! Bet it will stay a lot cooler than black, too.:thumbsup:
We are slowly but surely getting the truck ready for some traveling. I still have not figured out which cover we are going to use. The ram boxes limit the choice I think that I want to go with the Roll-x if it is ever available. Our custom rack for our offshore rods should be done in a day or so (it will slide into the the rails to carry 13 rods). And then it is the JL stealth bar and we are done.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We are slowly but surely getting the truck ready for some traveling. I still have not figured out which cover we are going to use. The ram boxes limit the choice I think that I want to go with the Roll-x if it is ever available. Our custom rack for our offshore rods should be done in a day or so (it will slide into the the rails to carry 13 rods). And then it is the JL stealth bar and we are done.
There is some discussion regarding covers here, and some talk/pics of those for the Ram Box:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/604642-anyone-have-factory-tri-fold-cover.html

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
put weathertechs in and did the fernco gas cap yesterday and installed my blue lights today

41 - 60 of 15443 Posts