Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 899 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured I would create a thread devoted to the build of my truck which has been officially named "Big Black" I will try to include lots of pictures of everything that I do to it, since I know how much we all enjoy pics. Here of a brief list of planned mods for the truck:

full built trans (have ATS stage 6)
twin turbos (have 62/480)
stage 3 cp3 or twins (have II 85%)
150ish injectors (check)
head studs (check)
valve springs/cam/pushrods (valve springs/push rods installed, still need to install cam)
wicked coolant bypass (check)

I'm sure the list will change as time goes on.

If you have any suggestions throw them out there.
I will be looking to debadge soon and start blacking out some chrome.

I searched for a black mega cab laramie 4x4 auto with every option possibele for months on end. I finally found the one in Las Vegas and flew to pick it up on 9/24/09.
Here is a pic of it the day I bought it:

Here is another pic of it the day after I bought it:

I wanted to go with 22's so I sold the wheels in the previous pics. I bought the tires for the 22's and ordered a set of 22" black novakane 8's which were on backorder for several months so this is how it looked for about 2 months. Yes embarrassing I know. But I also got rid of the tubular chrome steps and invested in a set of AMP research steps

I then did a custom true 5" dual exhaust with 7" tips all painted black.

Here is a pic in its current state as of now:

Reactions: WITTE61

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This arrived for it last Saturday, and will hopefully be going in the coming weekend.
It is an ATS stage 6 tranny fully built with all billet shafts. I also got the co-pilot torque converter controller with it.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
truck looks much better with those bigger meats on there... keep us posted on the build... do you already have all the parts? are you going to be installing everything?
I do not have all the parts yet. I am in college and only have a part time job that is funding the build right now. But I graduate in May and will hopefully start making some decent money to put towards it. Hopefully it will be completely finished by the end of this year. I will be installing everything myself.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a cousin that goes to Tarleton he's a Sophomore. He is kinda advising me on building my truck at the moment.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
How about a cam from Hamilton or Schied. What size turbos are you going with? Have you thought about goin with a bigger single since your gonna be running 150's and I'm sure the cam will help get that bigger turbo spooled quick. I'm just kicking around ideas as well LOL.

·
A Couple Diesels
3,096 Posts
dont really like the 22's....

nice truck though

i would do duel cp3's..... dont waste the money on a stg 3 cp3- you will regret it

x2 on a hamilton cam/springs/pushrods

·
KONG
953 Posts
If I were you, I would get the Stage3 then when $$ provides, go twins. Use a "stocker" to feed the Stage3..... Thats what I plan at least. Ill be pulling my pump and sending it out to be built this week. What turbos you thinking?? BallBearing all the way!!

·
A Couple Diesels
3,096 Posts
If I were you, I would get the Stage3 then when $$ provides, go twins. Use a "stocker" to feed the Stage3..... Thats what I plan at least. Ill be pulling my pump and sending it out to be built this week. What turbos you thinking?? BallBearing all the way!!
UMMMMMMMMMM ---- dual cp3's are ONLY$500 more then a single stg 3 cp3:thumbsup:

·
KONG
953 Posts
Whos stage 3 pump? Whos twin kit? Roughly what price? pm me if youd prefer...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice Truck!! Good luck on the build..
I love the Mega Cab!!!

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Very nice looking truck!

On a side note I am suprised of how many Tarelton guys are on here. I have been there a couple times, and know a few people that are going there in the Fall. I must have missed something because every time I go out there I see 80year old women and almost no awesome trucks besides the ones that were parked next to the diesel shop near the college. Did I just not travel in the right places??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very nice looking truck!

On a side note I am suprised of how many Tarelton guys are on here. I have been there a couple times, and know a few people that are going there in the Fall. I must have missed something because every time I go out there I see 80year old women and almost no awesome trucks besides the ones that were parked next to the diesel shop near the college. Did I just not travel in the right places??
There are always Dodges on campus. Most of them are really nice. Usually parked over by Wisdom Gym. Seems like everyone and their dog in Stephenville owns a Cummins. Old men and ladies drive Fords around there. Which shop are you talking about? J7?

Sorry OP /thread jack. Also I edited my earlier post,but you probably missed it; what did you use to paint your exhaust black? I want to do that to my new 5" exhaust I just put on.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
There are always Dodges on campus. Most of them are really nice. Usually parked over by Wisdom Gym. Seems like everyone and their dog in Stephenville owns a Cummins. Old men and ladies drive Fords around there. Which shop are you talking about? J7?

Sorry OP /thread jack. Also I edited my earlier post,but you probably missed it; what did you use to paint your exhaust black? I want to do that to my new 5" exhaust I just put on.
Thats what I keep hearing... Also the term that the "Stephenville guys think more black smoke means more power" :hehe: I guess I will have to come back during the week and see what the heck goes on over there that I keep hearing about!:stirpot:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thats what I keep hearing... Also the term that the "Stephenville guys think more black smoke means more power" :hehe: I guess I will have to come back during the week and see what the heck goes on over there that I keep hearing about!:stirpot:
This is my cousin in Stephenville-

Hahaha that is soooo true! :hehe: some guys get a 5 speed 12valve, pull the fuel plate, turn the pump all the way up, straight pipe, put some BIG injectors and a BHAF then go up and down the drag blowing smoke EVERYWHERE! I'm talkin like start in second and lug it over to five as soon as they can. I actually know the majority of those jack asses... Anyways sorry OP!
I think I've seen your truck around :thumbsup: sounds like a beast!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
This is my cousin in Stephenville-

Hahaha that is soooo true! :hehe: some guys get a 5 speed 12valve, pull the fuel plate, turn the pump all the way up, straight pipe, put some BIG injectors and a BHAF then go up and down the drag blowing smoke EVERYWHERE! I'm talkin like start in second and lug it over to five as soon as they can. I actually know the majority of those jack asses... Anyways sorry OP!
I think I've seen your truck around :thumbsup: sounds like a beast!
bahahah soo true! ive seen it too many times

1 - 20 of 899 Posts