Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sitting in a barn for the last 1 1/2 years collecting dust after being the first CR in the 10's back in 06. See if I can't breath some life back into it and see if I can do it any justice.

Attachments

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
:drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

That would look ultra sexy on a trailer behind my truck :hehe:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

That would look ultra sexy on a trailer behind my truck :hehe:
You offer to tow it to events for me? :hehe:

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
If I'm not working and can run atleast one small decal on it sure!!!!

Reactions: runninlean

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
wow , that thing is sweet...im jealous..at least now youll be able to beat me lean..:catfight2:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow , that thing is sweet...im jealous..at least now youll be able to beat me lean..:catfight2:
:doh: Keep it up bro :buttkick: :rof

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
:doh: Keep it up bro :buttkick: :rof
lol, all jokes aside. that thing is nice..when do you think youll hit the track for the 1st time..does it need anything....

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am actually trying to shake her down this afternoon if Mother nature cooperates with me. See if I can get her down the 1/8th. As for needing stuff yeah still needs some things and allot of things I would like to change. Given the funds I have tied up in it now the wants are on the back burner until the needs are done LOL.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
i look foward to seeing your results, 8th mile is a good idea for know.good luck today....safety 1st bro...:tree:...posts your results and or vids please..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thats a sweet looking truck, previous owner just give up on it or something?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
very cool. good luck getting it goin again

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
hey lean, can i ask how much something like that cost ya..ballpark at least..just curious..

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a sweet looking truck, previous owner just give up on it or something?
After running 10.99 back in 06 they went slightly bigger twins much bigger injectors and more spray. The best they could do was mid 11's on the 10.5 slicks spinning the tires thru the 1/8th. Fought traction issues for some time changing the gear ratio and going to a 17/34.5/16 slick and adding weight to the rear. It finally hooked off the line and snapped the billet input shaft on the 1 2 shift. Life caught up with him at this point getting married and having a kid and the down turn in the economy and oilfield.

Tranny is now set up with 1st locked out so will be trying to leave on 2nd and see what it does.

·
Banned
781 Posts
get some more pics of it... I havent seen that thing in ages... very nice race truck...

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
very nice lean-truck looks nice--- looking to see what you got out of her

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well so far she just looks nice Joel. Went to 8th mile track today for some shake down and couldn't hook to save my life. Best was a 7.9 at 95mph pedaling thru the trap. 34.5/17/16 slicks and 3.30 gear and was not running any tune or power adder on it. :banghead: Got to dial in this chassis big time.

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
no tune? 95 mph is moving
the 3.30 may hurt the 60' alittle but top end pull will be nice....... now get to a real track

1/8 mile BS LOL

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
no tune? 95 mph is moving
the 3.30 may hurt the 60' alittle but top end pull will be nice....... now get to a real track

1/8 mile BS LOL
hey joel, get used to the 8th..there slowly doing away with the quarter mile and our trucks..not sure about both of your race trucks though.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts