Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a dodge off road tie rod and drag link with EMF rod ends...when i first installed them, it was what I thought was the best decision I ever made. As time went on I learned, thanks to Don Thurens hard work and research, that the factory mopar upgraded steering with a good stabilizer and track bar is the absolute most sufficient setup you can go for.

I'm writing this thread because I need help wondering how I can get the "roll" of the draglink to be less so there's less play in the steering wheel.

It's become a nuisance for me and I really don't know what I should do.
I tried clocking the rod ends so there was less play but because of the geometry of the steering and suspension flexing and such, it ends up not working.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated
I've attached some pics so you guys can see what I'm working with.

If the general consensus is to ditch this and go with another setup, I will. I would prefer to try to fix this first though. I've spent way more money than I should have acting on impulse and I do not want to make another impulsive decision.

Attachments

·
2,217 Posts
I installed an Energy Suspension bushing in between the pitman arm and tierod to eliminate the flop. I cut it down so that it would just be snug once the tapered pin was snugged up. Needed to hold the tierod in tight with a pin bar prying on it to get the taper to bite.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed an Energy Suspension bushing in between the pitman arm and tierod to eliminate the flop. I cut it down so that it would just be snug once the tapered pin was snugged up. Needed to hold the tierod in tight with a pin bar prying on it to get the taper to bite.
Do you think it would work with the emf rod end??

·
2,217 Posts
Thats what I have

·
2,217 Posts
I'll go take a pic and show you

·
2,217 Posts
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Reactions: Klausenheimer

·
2,217 Posts
Energy suspension 3.2125g
Automotive tire Font Output device Screenshot Logo

·
2,217 Posts
I greased up both faces too, to reduce friction on steering.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok ok this is fckn genius... im assuming it is big enough to go over the collar/shoulder at the end of the taper? This is a huge help for me man. I was giving up hope on how much money I spent.

·
2,217 Posts
Just be careful not to cut it too little or your steering will be too tight and not return to center properly. Ideally about a 1/16" to 3/32" of compression when snugging the pin down.

I used a hacksaw to cut it in a vise and a flapper disk on a grinder to flatten it out and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts