Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm riding with my buddy in his 02 Dakota with the 4.7 the other day and he asks me if I have ever heard of the key trick. Well he claims that with the truck running you can turn the key back ever so slightly towards the off position, the radio and all that will shut off but the engine will keep running. Then when the radio comes back on after a second it overrides the rev and top speed limiters. He said that this works in all Dodge trucks but the whole thing sounds like BS to me. Any of you guys heard of anything like this?

·
Registered
365 Posts
garbage talk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've done the first part of that by accident...i thought "oh (crap)! I have an electrical problem...great!!!..." oops...

·
Registered
470 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
they come up with weird things in the ricer world :lol3:

·
Registered
793 Posts
i owned three dakota's and through out all the programmers/intakes and all the speed shops i dealt with i never heard this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have had stuff turn off with the engine running, but I don't think it ever altered the rev limiter or anything.....Probably safe to call BS?

·
Registered
793 Posts
it should redline about 6,000 or 6,500 im not sure on the 02 4.7, but anyways just ask him to show you.:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I've heard of that working on PowerStrokes... Or something similar working on PowerStrokes, anyways...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts