Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i finally got it on Friday, w/ my egt, & boost gauge. Thanks to Browns Diesel. Before going on a 550 round trip trip, (towing a Kubota M9540 on my old flat bed trailer, which weights about 4500 lbs. with the tractor weighting about 7000 lbs.) I am running the MP-8 at 50 right now, cause they said it doesnt do much over 50 anyway, but the power and response is great and so is the mileage. so on the way up with the tractor I got 13.3 hand cal. going about 58-60mph, and on the way back w/ the empty tailer going again 58-60mph and hitting a bunch of California bayarea traffic, I got 17.2 hand cal. which is awsome. I think before the MP-8 I was get like 10 or 11 loaded and about 15 w/ trailer empty. maybe a little better w/ the intake and exhaust, but all three is great. I also got about 20mpg w/ just truck w/out the MP-8, now with I cant wait to see what i am going to get, i am about 21-22mpg. I hope we'll see.

Towing loaded up some grades, the egts wouldnt go past 1225 w/ the pedal flooded.

I would highly recammond the MP-8 to those who dont have it yet.

Again Thanks to everyone at Browns Diesel, they great over there.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
good deal man waiting to order one myself where did ya mount it

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just leave mine turned up all the way all the time.

jj

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mounted the knob on the left where the electric pedal switch would be.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey JJ do you what tranny do you have? auto or man?, I not sure what my stock cluch will do if it would hold or what, I want to try to get as much as i can out of it before going to a DD clutch. I got 60K mi on my truck at the moment.

·
Registered
448 Posts
stock clutch stinks imho especially if you tow a lot, Mine sliped on the dyno with 5000 miles on it, and that was with just a hypertech:shock:. When I went edge and epp it hated me :S:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i hear you thats why i am being carefull with it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would that dd is way expensive, I wish it was not so loud too but it holds power

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a auto. I dont race light to light, just tow. I think Ive driven my truck 3 times with no trailer total so far.

7800 miles total.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont race light to light either. I readed on here that there are some guys that have put down 450+ hp or so, w/ the stock clutch, that must be one good clutch, cause i just got back from the store and on the way back i was messing around a bit with the knob, so i turn it to 100 and in 3rd i got on it a bit and backed off and got some smoke and POWER man, i was like WOW!!! so then i went it to 5th at about 1500-1600 rpms, and tried to get on it again so see what it was like, it pick up at first but then the clutch slip and i back off, it was like OH SH*T!!. So turn it back to 50, now i am scare to even having it a 50. man i might just try running it on 25 or so.

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
I dont race light to light either. I readed on here that there are some guys that have put down 450+ hp or so, w/ the stock clutch, that must be one good clutch, cause i just got back from the store and on the way back i was messing around a bit with the knob, so i turn it to 100 and in 3rd i got on it a bit and backed off and got some smoke and POWER man, i was like WOW!!! so then i went it to 5th at about 1500-1600 rpms, and tried to get on it again so see what it was like, it pick up at first but then the clutch slip and i back off, it was like OH SH*T!!. So turn it back to 50, now i am scare to even having it a 50. man i might just try running it on 25 or so.
Yea stock clutch wont last long with any power adder...

Just remember clutch is less than half of a cheep auto build!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
with the mp 8 do you or should you have gauges? I have the hypertech econ and i get around 1 or 2 mpg better thats it sound like the mp is a better choice for mpg thats all i want it for so hmmm

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard that the hypertech econ was good for mileage, but 1-2 is ok. what other mods do you have? You should fill out your sig. Far as the gauges go, the egt is the only one, i dont think you need to have it for the MP-8 or the hypertech, but i like having mine for a piece of mind. If you do get the MP-8 i would hate to see you get the same mileage. Let me run mine and see what i get empty not towing. and ill keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Honestly I'm seriously concidering running my xrt back to stock and just running the mp-8 to 50 -75 %, just worried about my automatic with the new tuner and I never had problems with my mp8 cranked....another vote for the mp8 here :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts