Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas I had posted a few times back in the day but everything starts this saturday! I just got a 94 f350 with a 9 in lift on 38's I spoke with a guy on here who i will getting my motor from and I have a built tranny in my garage. obviously im putting a cummins in and the tranny I have is a full billet 47re.

If everything goes as planned the truck should be running by monday, i will have the pictures posted once its finished and finalized!!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!! YOU LUCKY BUGGER.......Thats awesome I cant wait for pix that is the truck that should have been built!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Alright fellas I had posted a few times back in the day but everything starts this saturday! I just got a 94 f350 with a 9 in lift on 38's I spoke with a guy on here who i will getting my motor from and I have a built tranny in my garage. obviously im putting a cummins in and the tranny I have is a full billet 47re.

If everything goes as planned the truck should be running by monday, i will have the pictures posted once its finished and finalized!!!!
Sounds cool! Are you planning on using a controller for the 47RE? Or is there a way to make it work without a dodge computer?

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Take lots of pics. Sounds cool. Will you sleep at all this weekend, thats a lot of work. Good Luck. Is the cummins putting out power wise do have an idea.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Take lots of pics. Sounds cool. Will you sleep at all this weekend, thats a lot of work. Good Luck. Is the cummins putting out power wise do have an idea. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I probably wont be sleeping at all, and the tranny is actually the 46rh sorry! I might be able to get my hands on a allison 545. Not really sure which I want to use yet but i have a day or two to figure it out.

It should be a pretty cool truck once its done, and yes I agree! Its definately the truck that should have been built! I will post a bunch of photos one i tear into it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
the 46 will not hold up you need at least a 47

D

·
0 Posts
I would use the rh even if it is a 46. It can always be built. The allison 545 has no over drive. The top gear is 1:1. You would have to get a 1000 series for an over driven top gear.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I probably wont be sleeping at all, and the tranny is actually the 46rh sorry! I might be able to get my hands on a allison 545. Not really sure which I want to use yet but i have a day or two to figure it out.

It should be a pretty cool truck once its done, and yes I agree! Its definately the truck that should have been built! I will post a bunch of photos one i tear into it.
Really its says 47 where???? i see 46

Again the 46 will not hold up to a cummins it can hardly handle a 318-360gasser built or not

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I would use the rh even if it is a 46. It can always be built. The allison 545 has no over drive. The top gear is 1:1. You would have to get a 1000 series for an over driven top gear.
Thats right the At545 has no od I would go with either the 46 or the 47.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

thats what i was looking at so my bad

·
Registered
562 Posts
mine.jpg

mine2.jpg I had a 94 f350 crew cab 4x4 with a 5.9. I loved it but it was originally a gasser so the cab was not well insulated. If you plan on leaving the air conditioner hooked up, you will either need to flip the turbo or buy the exhaust manifold that I did that puts the turbo under it in stead of beside it. Insulate the a/c blower box while the motors out. Here is my old truck. Or go to ebay and search item #290204425675.

·
Registered
562 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
You can also get one for a FL70 or from a bus. I put one on my dad's F-350 and it worked great. If you want one I have an extra I would sell.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was planning on buying that manifold from ford cummins. If the tranny wont hold up then I will dump it and get something else. Ive got a great place to get built to hell trannys for a deal.

D

·
0 Posts
There is one on ebay cheap. I wouldn't spend any money with fordcummins, but that is me.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts