Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

The Best intake horn?

2360 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  JTS05Cummins
I was looking into getting a better flowing intake horn for my '05 and was wondering if anyone could tell me what not to go with and what the best one would be?:confused013:I'm not tryin to make tons of power, just trying to help it breathe easier! I saw one on here a while back that looked custom made, and it was tapped for the boost gauge and a water-meth setup. But I cant find it. So can you guys give me some direction on where to go with this. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:
Reactions: 21skippy13
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Look on ebay for "pusher intake" or cummins intake and there's a guy on there that sells a damn good 1 for like $150, believe it's byrds diesel, could be wrong, it's the 1 alot of guys use. :thumbsup:

· Registered
218 Posts
i have the CFM+ and like it
seems to have helped spool up
it was easy to install and is already drilled and tapped for boost gauge

· Registered
146 Posts
Can they realy help that much? i could maybee see it if you were sucking air through it but when ur pushing air throught it its a hole diferent game

· Registered
319 Posts
ive heard that the 2nd gen 24v intake horn is a big improved over our stock ones. you can pick one up a used for around $50. im looking for one right now to give it a shot.

· Premium Member
8,064 Posts
Can they realy help that much? i could maybee see it if you were sucking air through it but when ur pushing air throught it its a hole diferent game
Not different. Ever see a fire truck with 1/2" hose? Stock 3rd gen intake necks down to 1-1/2 x 2-1/4 in the elbow and is 3" on the ends. No rocket science needed there.

· Registered
4,158 Posts
take your intake manifold off and look at the end where it bolts to the intake plate, tell me how much air is going to get through that little gap and look at something likg the CFM+, the difference is only putting a finger through the stocker or putting your fist in the cfm+ or something similar

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If you think about it, the stock exh. manifolds on a gas truck is restrictive! So when you put a set of good headers on the motor it free's up around 20+ or - horse. And the air is getting pushed through the manifold by the exhaust stroke! So does it make a difference? Dont you think it will make a difference going from a 2" by 1.5" rectangular hole to a 3" in diameter round hole? you betcha!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.