Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or looked into eliminating this buzzer so when the keys are in the ignition and the door is open it won't sit there and ding the whole time?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'd like to know too. I despise that thing. Can't even listen to the radio while I fill up because if the incessant chime.

·
Registered
147 Posts
follow the sound to the buzzer under the dash and simpley unplug

·
Registered
134 Posts
there is a fuse or something you can pull in the steering column...I read a thread about it not long ago. I'll try to find it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agreed......It's annoying. I pull the key out an 1/2 inch in my '03 and it stops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i push the latch mechanism in the door with a screwdriver, so it thinks it got closed. Just remember to reset it before really closing the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here try

Seatbelt Chime and Back-Up Honk Feature TURN OFF
Original Write Up By dodgeram dude

Many of you 3rd Gen Owners are tired of that "Saftey" feature we know as that "Annoying Dingger" Well Here is the Cut and Dry method on how to get rid of that chime.

Here's the procedure...

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

--Iker42 19:30, 10 January 2008 (EST)

It may take more than one try, but it works.
If you are annoyed but the back-up alarm with the door open, do some searching and you can cure that also

Don

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here try

Seatbelt Chime and Back-Up Honk Feature TURN OFF
Original Write Up By dodgeram dude

Many of you 3rd Gen Owners are tired of that "Saftey" feature we know as that "Annoying Dingger" Well Here is the Cut and Dry method on how to get rid of that chime.

Here's the procedure...

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

--Iker42 19:30, 10 January 2008 (EST)

It may take more than one try, but it works.
If you are annoyed but the back-up alarm with the door open, do some searching and you can cure that also

Don
Ive done this which eliminates the seat belt chime which is nice but not the door chime and ive tried listening for the chime so i can simply unplug it but when you get your head up under the dash it seems to be coming from all directions :banghead: but i'll get under there and try it again

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think the post I read before that solved this problem figured it out be getting rid of something to do with the key-in sensor. if you take the cover off the steering column there will be a little white block you can unplug that is near the ignition. With that white block removed it doesn't recognize the key in the ignition so no more chime. But it will still know when the door is open, so the dome lights work still.

I think thats what they did, I might just go and try it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would work I wonder if that will mess with my trucks starting abilitly though because on the 06 and up the key has to be in the truck for the truck to evan run but I don't know if that white box has anything to do with it

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm trying to get the column apart right now, but I'm having some problems. It looks simple enough, but I dunno. Anyone know how to do it? unbolt it and pop it apart I figured...

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm trying to get the column apart right now, but I'm having some problems. It looks simple enough, but I dunno. Anyone know how to do it? unbolt it and pop it apart I figured...
You should be able to pull the screws out of the bottom and gently pop the top off. the top and bottoms used to fit together with a tab and hook kind of thing. Squeezing the bottom near the seam usually popped it apart.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I poked around but that buzzer is either in the column or behind the dash. I've had the column covers off before for the multifunction switch but I don't recall a buzzer in there :confused013:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the column apart earlier today, looked around, couldn't find what I was looking for, so I did not succeed. Wish I could find that thread, maybe it was on a 6.7 or something. I didn't waste too much time poking around...I was too excited to get my new exhaust on lol. But I did succeed in that, and it sounds saaaweet!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aight well I've got tomorrow off so i'll look at it again and see if I can figure it out

·
Registered
1 Posts
behind the drivers side door panel there is a purple wire thats runs to the latch side of the door just cut it. just your dome light wont come on when you open the door though

·
Registered
134 Posts
behind the drivers side door panel there is a purple wire thats runs to the latch side of the door just cut it. just your dome light wont come on when you open the door though
but...but... I like my dome light :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts