Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dodge dealer in tomball texas is running the longest commercials ive ever heard explaining how cheap they are selling trucks. their commercail says 15k off of sticker and they will also deduct the charge for the cummins motor on top of that. anyone heard of this and if so how true is it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dodge must be giving them one hell of a kick back to move the Diesels!!! BTW are they also throwing in the free gas or diesel that Dodge offered last month?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wonder if that's only on the 3500's, since they come standard with a cummins? Could probably fool a few people.

·
Registered
726 Posts
its actually all trucks! 1500,2500,3500 gas or diesel. Only kicker is you lose the 2.99 gas/diesel card if you take rebates. Which if you do the math the card is a joke. I just bought my 08 2500 6.7 from them last week. Always wanted a diesel and could'nt pass up the chance. There was a few 07's on the lot they were giving 17k off of.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
That would be like $21000 off sticker. You are talking about a laramie pickup going for $30K. I can't believe that but you bet your a$$ I am going to look that dealership up right now! I may be eBaying my truck tomorrow and buying a brand new laramie at the same price! LOL

·
Registered
726 Posts
after tt&l i ended up driving out my 08 2500 sport 4x4 for 30k i wanted a lil more off but they wont budge much beyond rebates and [email protected] i tried lol. ends up being right at 19 total off if you get them to eat tt&l....

·
Registered
726 Posts
a good buddy of mine works as a photographer for a dealer only auction. He was photographing an 07 dodge 2500 (47k truck) and an 07 duramax (50k truck) He was approached by a dodge and gm rep and they asked him... hey buddy, what do you think these trucks are going to sell for? he was like hell i dunno. They said they would be lucky to get 30 out of them. More likely mid 20's. Both trucks had less than 10k and were dealer demos with the window stickers in glove box lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought my truck for 31 K in Southeast Texas. It is the lone star edition and has leather and some other nice amenities...
I sat there for 6 hours negotiating with them though...They started the bidding at 39,000+ and I got them down to 31,000 in 6 hours of negotiating...I finally got up to walk out and the manager came out and asked what he could do to make this deal...I told him I wanted a full tank of diesel and leather installed...He said OK.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought my 08 Sport 2500 4x4 2 months ago and got them to knock off 17K. and a full tank.

I was going to wait but it was the only truck specked out in the system like this one and I beat them up on my Jeep trade in.

been happy even though I could have saved more now.

:lol3:

·
Registered
387 Posts
i just got off the phone with a salesman there... driving from NO tomorrow to go pick out my new truck!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: nobody in LA wants to even come below 12k off.

thanks for the heads up on the discounts :thumbsup:beer

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
i just got off the phone with a salesman there... driving from NO tomorrow to go pick out my new truck!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: nobody in LA wants to even come below 12k off.

thanks for the heads up on the discounts :thumbsup:beer
Your exactly right! NEVER go to GULF COAST AUTOPLEX in Jennings, LA. Arrogant b**tards! Glad to see y'all getting some great deals.

·
Registered
387 Posts
well, here's the scoop on tomball dodge...

called last night to make sure that the deal was good. confirmed 15k off the sticker with no trade and paying cash. drove out 6 hours this morning to pick up the truck, but come to find out that i need to finance with Chrysler or lose 3k... no big deal, can pay it off next month. so i sign the paper with a price of 31,800 + TTL, but when i go to the finance office, they added 3k worth of services (stolen or destroyed truck and tire protection) to the price. i asked 3 times what the cost came from before he finally told me "we can't sell the truck for that cheap, so we have to add these services in to make up the profit margin for the dealer". :BS: well, on the march out the salesman did not even come to see what the problem was.... probably because he already knew. :RANTIN::RANTIN:

:rant:sorry for the long post... just needed to vent after 13 hours in the car today.

oh well... mabe monday will be the day :sad2

·
Registered
586 Posts
So typical dealer bullcrap then? I'm going to wait till years end, by then I think the salespeople will be pretty desperate to take whatever they can get.:w:

·
Registered
387 Posts
yeah, it seems that no matter where i go, they all give the same price, 35k for the truck i want. i figure i might as well give the business to the local dealer who has been upfront the whole time rather than some of these guys with bad internet quotes and hidden charges. :S:

·
Registered
388 Posts
when i bought my truck they knocked off 15k for me, but 31k would of been a killer deal

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thats we call them stealerships. I tried to trade in my 07.5 6.7 at the same dealer I bought it from and they wanted to give me almost nothing for my rig. They wanted to sell a 07 5.9 for more than a new 08 6.7 costs:lol3: :rof. Highway robbery:peelout

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are offering $18k off, still get the $2.99 fuel, and trade ins welcome in OKC.

I am going to check it out tomorrow. If i can get a 2500 4x4 6.7 at least SLT for $26k then I will grab one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts