Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to create some kind of smoke devise to do my own wind or aerodynamic testing on my truck? I just bought a used wind deflector for $100 off of Craigslist that retails for about $400 and want to install it at at the prime location. I know alot of people think these wind deflectors aren't worth it but my 8000# T.T. pulls like a 10000# 5er because of the flat front and the long bed of my truck and for $100 I couldn't resist. Thought about maybe a leaf blower with a reduced nozzle and some kind of smoke but I think I'd need more air flow and have no idea what kind of smoke they use?

· Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just talked to a Georgia tech. guy from an internet search that told me to use a piece of yarn and attach it to the deflector and drive down the road and watch it to see the air flow....

· Registered
3,609 Posts

88 gallons per hour at 1000 PSI through an A/C pressure washer and fogger nozzle makes a nice plume that visibly contours in the wind for 15-20 feet. It's my water injection system, but I guess I could use it for wind tunnel testing in a pinch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.