Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had some time to kill last night so my buddy and i went and looked at cars and trucks. he wants a 350Z and im looking a dodge ram. Well i get there and a very nice salesman lets me test drive an 08 2500 quad cab, 6.7CTD auto. The truck is awesome...has a lot of power from what i could tell. The only thing is im wondering how the gas mileage is. Its got an auto tranny and 4.10 rear axel. What kind of mileage would i get. Also is it illegal or able to be done to cut out the exhuat and make it loud.?

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Well i had some time to kill last night so my buddy and i went and looked at cars and trucks. he wants a 350Z and im looking a dodge ram. Well i get there and a very nice salesman lets me test drive an 08 2500 quad cab, 6.7CTD auto. The truck is awesome...has a lot of power from what i could tell. The only thing is im wondering how the gas mileage is. Its got an auto tranny and 4.10 rear axel. What kind of mileage would i get. Also is it illegal or able to be done to cut out the exhuat and make it loud.?
I get 10.5-11.5 mpg city driving. It is illegal to remove any of the emissions catalysts from any exhaust. if you spend anytime on this forum you will see there are a lot of stock exhausts that are MIA. removal of the stock exhaust on the new Ram CTD's voids the warranty. let us know what you decide to do. this is a great forum for learning and information.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the 6.7L CTD is a diesel and does not burn gasoline. Depending how you drive it it will get around 10-12 in town and 15-17 on the road. 3.73 rear end might do slightly better on the highway. As far as modding, people are doing it, but be warned, if you live in an area that has emissions testing it likely would not pass without all of the emission systems. And from my reading about anything you do to the exhaust system will probably give you error codes. And on top of all that, from my readings Chrysler is getting really tight on warranty claims, so if you did make changes, you need to be prepared to pay for repairs on your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts