Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Those 789 Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealers that were cut loose by Chrysler as a part of its bankruptcy and restructuring plan have until June 9th (next Tuesday) to part with their remaining inventory.

Because of the dealership contract that they signed, dealers aren't allowed to sell off the cars once the contract expires. And because Chrysler is in bankruptcy protection, it doesn't have to buy the cars back either.

Chrysler has said that it will help the 789 dealers move their inventory to the remaining Chrysler dealerships, but it won't give any guarantees on the amount of money those dealerships will have to pay for the remaining vehicles. And considering the circumstances, the terminated dealers don't exactly have much faith in their parent company right now.

As a result, dealerships are slashing prices. CNN visited Pohanka Chrysler-Dodge in Leesburg, Virginia, where the dealership has slashed prices on some models by as much as 40 percent. A brand new Dodge Nitro, which lists for $29,170 now has a sticker price of just $17,510.

Owner Ray O'Bryhim even says prices may get lower as the June 9th deadline approaches.

When Chrysler's 789 dealers received noticication that their contracts would not be renewed, they had an inventory of roughly 44,000 cars.

More: Terminated Chrysler Dealers Must Sell Inventory by June 9th on AutoGuide.com

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
Is there a link to find out which Chrysler dealerships are closing?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
may be buying a 2009 6.7

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
10,680 Posts
lol... glad to see i wasn't the only one who started looking after reading this thread

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ok, so i already got a dealer all pissed off in columbus, he had an 08 he was trying to sell for 38k LOL!!1!1!!!!!!1111!!1! I said, you know your competition is selling 09's for 26k. He said good for them.....i said, yup i know and hung up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
For some reason it wont let me pull up the list to see what ones are closeing. any other way i can look at this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
help, im all shook up

just purchased a 2002 5.9 4x4 diesel. it has a lift kit the tires on it were 305 70 . two were worn out so i replaced them with 245 75. however when i go over a fair size bump the rear end hops like crazy, really scared my dog. when the big tires were on it didn't do this. i put some weight in the back and it seem to stop it. about 600 lbs. i lessened the weight a bit and it did it again though it took a bigger bump. checked the shoks , they were ok. what can i do to fix this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
the dodge dealer that I use in Harlan iowa is on the chopping block I now will have to drive almost 100 miles round trip to the dealership and back to get my truck worked on if i have to

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here in shreveport la there is a auction on grimmette drive that is full of new dodge cars and trucks that will be sold tuesday night. To bad i bought one last year
Phillip

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Has anybody checked which way the owners of these closed dealerships voted last election?

·
Gone Fishing!!
3,069 Posts
The wife lost here Dodge franchise here in Mt.Clemens:banghead: This had nothing to do with them doing the bankruptcy gig. Looks like I'll be buying fords from know on and doing the swaps. I hope Chrysler goes under for good:thumbsup:

·
Gone Fishing!!
3,069 Posts

·
Gone Fishing!!
3,069 Posts
The wife lost here Dodge franchise here in Mt.Clemens:banghead: This had nothing to do with them doing the bankruptcy gig. Looks like I'll be buying fords from know on and doing the swaps. I hope Chrysler goes under for good:thumbsup:
What I meant by this was that I wish that all the idiots that caused this lost everything they had like all the Chrysler executives bank accounts, planes, houses and all. But no they get to keep all there stuff but the 40 to 80 thousand people from the 789 dealers don't:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts