Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 30' fith wheel. It weighs 8100 empty and about 9500 loaded. I live here in Fort Worth Texas Temp out side about 101.
While pulling the trailer this weekend I found that the temp guage would go up past the half way mark. ( the width of the needle past the half way ) the truck is all stock. The only thing that I have done is removed the muffler.
Just wondering if this is normal? I do change the fuel filter with OEM parts every 3k miles and the oil every 3k miles:confused013:

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
How long did it stay at that mark, and why on earth are you wasting all that money on filters and oil?

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
I just bought a 30' fith wheel. It weighs 8100 empty and about 9500 loaded. I live here in Fort Worth Texas Temp out side about 101.
While pulling the trailer this weekend I found that the temp guage would go up past the half way mark. ( the width of the needle past the half way ) the truck is all stock. The only thing that I have done is removed the muffler.
Just wondering if this is normal? I do change the fuel filter with OEM parts every 3k miles and the oil every 3k miles:confused013:
Ok so it went half way up the dash on the temp gauge or half way to 245? Also 7500 is fine for oil and 10-15k is fine for fuel filters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It went just a little past the half mark on the guage. Not too sure what the temp is on that. I did not realize I could go that far on filters.
It stayed up there for awhile but I was headed up hill slightly. Once I came to a flat area it would come down a little.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
in this heat and what your pullin 210 will be normal if ya get into it. oil i change about every 10k and fuel filter i change every 10 to 12k cuz i like my injectors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How will I know were 210 is on the guage?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in this heat and what your pullin 210 will be normal if ya get into it. oil i change about every 10k and fuel filter i change every 10 to 12k cuz i like my injectors.
It was about 210 I did not remember the guage had temp numbes on it

·
Registered
10,349 Posts
Sounds normal.. I have seen 216* (with a digital scanner) and its still inside the "normal" markings.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
It went just a little past the half mark on the guage. Not too sure what the temp is on that. I did not realize I could go that far on filters.
It stayed up there for awhile but I was headed up hill slightly. Once I came to a flat area it would come down a little.
Yep for fuel filters I recommend the Baldwin PF7977 best fuel filter for the canister for the CRs. :thumbsup:

Sounds normal.. I have seen 216* (with a digital scanner) and its still inside the "normal" markings.
Yeah I have seen in that range. No problems here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts