Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The desire to have TCM tuning that can be changed or upgaded is one that many owners have these days.

While many want a "set it and forget it" there are those that wish to actively change their TCM.

Due to that fact MHP has a program called the tweaner, for owners that are in between modifications or usage.

The TCM tuning consists of three progressively in depth levels of tuning. Each with unlimited tuning capabilities.

As the owner of the vehicle adds a performance enhancing modification MHP will bench flash a new tune for their vehicle.

The three levels are simply called:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3

Our custom remapped TCMs feature the following:

Diesel Packages 68RFE 2007- 2010 only

Modified 100ft (+) torque output 1,2,3,6 gears (varies on powertrain modifications)

Modified 50ft (+) torque output R gear (varies on powertrain modifications)

Modified Stall Speed torque limits D/R (varies on powertrain modifications)

Modified firmer quicker WOT gear shifts (all packages)

Modified firmer quicker P/T gear shifts (all packages)

Modified global line pressures P/R/N/D (varies on powertrain modifications)

Modified shift clutch pack apply line pressures (torque/pressure based and varies on powertrain modifications)

Modified 2P up shift (removed on custom packages only)

Modified TCM adaptive memories (all packages)

Anyone that as one of our TCM's is encouraged to post on this thread and discuss the performance changes that you have experienced.

This isnt a sales thread so please do not ask for pricing here. But feel free to ask any question you may have about this service.

thank you

jim

·
Registered
137 Posts
and let the TCM war begin!! Great work MHP! :thumbsup:

Reactions: jim-mhp

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have the modified tune as of now and am planning to do a billet TC any way I could ship mine back to you for more line pressure?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksseabrd View Post
Ronnie, I promise you there is more than ONE unhappy camper in regards to the problem I am talking about.

IMHO, all Dave has to do is take the T/H mode up shift schedule, and put it on the "D" mode. Leave out the T/H modes down shift schedule, on "D".

So it would wind up like this.

In "D": you would up shift just like T/H, and down shift like the current "D" mode

In T/H: all would be as it is now. T/H up shift, and T/H down shift.

I can't believe this would be that difficult. The Tow/Haul up shift schedule already exist! You just have to copy it over to "D" mode.

Quote:
I called Dave about a month ago and told him EXACTLY the same thing you have posted here. The response? He seemed to get kind of angry at me. I asked if he could raise 5th and 6th shift point for normal cruising acceleration and he said its WAY raised already and he can't go to much more. He said stock shift into 6th is at 35mph. Mine never shifted into 6th that low. Matter of fact, after I got the Stage 2 tune, there is absolutely no difference in light acceleration between stock and the tune. So now I usually drive around with tow/haul on but I don't like it downshifting all the time. Anyway I ended up calling [email protected] and left a message to see if he could straighten up talks with Dave and I and tell him what I wanted but Tom hasn't called me back yet and like I said this was about a month ago.

Jim, like I said back in March, Dave got a little angry at me it seemed like. Why won't he program like were asking for? Or will he now?

·
Military Veteran
2,096 Posts
Sharing my experience with my stage 3 tcm tune... I really like it at full ***. Shifts are smooth and precise and almost seems like the more you romp on it the better it feels shifting. In regular daily driving & stop and go traffic it shifts as well as could be expected from a tcm tune meant for a vehicle that is modified quite a bit. When manually shifting on the column it shifts really well when up shifting but on down shifting it is a bit jerky. If the exhaust brake was engaged along with tow haul mode it down shifts hard. I did have to go out and purchase another stock tcm so that I could tow.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Jim, like I said back in March, Dave got a little angry at me it seemed like. Why won't he program like were asking for? Or will he now?
thanks for the inquiry

please send me an email at [email protected]

I have my email on my phone where i can get it and forward it 24/7. You asked a valid question and i want to get you an answer.

Dave and andy are phenomenal tuners and I am certain if they could safely make a revision that increased performance they would be all over that. That is what they are all about....safe performance!!! I dont question their tuning abilities but you proposed a good question.

many thanks

jim

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
comment

Sharing my experience with my stage 3 tcm tune... I really like it at full ***. Shifts are smooth and precise and almost seems like the more you romp on it the better it feels shifting. In regular daily driving & stop and go traffic it shifts as well as could be expected from a tcm tune meant for a vehicle that is modified quite a bit. When manually shifting on the column it shifts really well when up shifting but on down shifting it is a bit jerky. If the exhaust brake was engaged along with tow haul mode it down shifts hard. I did have to go out and purchase another stock tcm so that I could tow.
Thank you so much for the good feedback and kind words.

Buying a second tcm is a great idea for many many many reasons.

Work truck by day and race truck by night............WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT CORRUPTING THE MODULE!!!!!!! everyone on the planet knows you can only reflash any computer so many times!!

Good idea and good call.

jim

·
Inquisitive
576 Posts
Hi Jim,

I noticed on another, now locked, thread that one of you guys said within a couple of weeks MHP will be offering an ECM tune as well?

Any more details you can give on that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
thanks for the inquiry

please send me an email at [email protected]

I have my email on my phone where i can get it and forward it 24/7. You asked a valid question and i want to get you an answer.

Dave and andy are phenomenal tuners and I am certain if they could safely make a revision that increased performance they would be all over that. That is what they are all about....safe performance!!! I dont question their tuning abilities but you proposed a good question.

many thanks

jim
Jim, whats your number I can reach you at?

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tune

Hi Jim,

I noticed on another, now locked, thread that one of you guys said within a couple of weeks MHP will be offering an ECM tune as well?

Any more details you can give on that?

Thanks.
I will have Andy post the latest on these this weekend!!! Many thanks for the inquiry!!
I can tell you this..... I will be offering some group buy pricing right out of the box on these as soon as we release them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to take this weekend to let all of you know that everyone here at Modern Horsepower appreciates all the sacrifice and efforts that our young men and women in the military provide for our country.

We have always given discounts to all active military, veterans, law enforcement and fire fighters on every product and service we offer.

Every month I pack a box up and send it to our troops in Iraq or Afghanistan.

We have local kids serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

We send them items that they share with the soldiers at their bases.

Items like Wet Wipes, 5-hour Energy drinks, beef jerky, copenhagen, eye drops, Tic Tac's, Kool-Aid, small pillows, hard candy, stuff like that is real popular.

Anyone interested in donating a couple dollars can contact me here by PM.

100% of Every cent that I receive goes into the box.

Because we do this each month, a percentage of everything you buy has already been going into the boxes. So thank you !!

Have a safe holiday weekend and God bless our troops!!!!!!

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THE COUNTDOWN IS ON. IN 14 DAYS WE RELEASE THE NEW 2010 ECU/TCM BENCH FLASH TUNING SYSTEM.

Also expect the Aisin chassis cab TCMs to be tunable in 4-6 weeks

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to thank everyone that participated in the group buy!!!!!!!!!!! I extended it a few days but it is officially over tonight at midnight!!!

Many thanks to everyone that participated!!!

We will be releasing our newest tune for the 2010 in the next day or two.

jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts