Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys im working on a 96 and the converter is locked up if u stop at stop light it will die tc is new billet single disk trans is rebuilt all wiring is good from silenoids where do i start. thanks this truck is 100% stock no lock up switch or performance upgrades.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Did you do the trans yourself? If not go back to who ever did it? Otherwise I would look at the wiring coming from the trans. Possibly one of the wires are broken, frayed or grounding out.
Always go back to the last thing you did before it went wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
47re

im just working on it it came in this way was working fine after trans rebuild for around 5kmiles.I have checked wiring to vb and changed it have tried to follow lock up wire the whole way to ecm looks good anyone have anymore input?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Other wires coming from the ECM grounding on the wheel well behind the air filter? Did it ever have a lock up switch? Does the trans relay still function as it should? Does a 96 have a relay?

·
Registered
318 Posts
It would make me think that it almost has to be one of the wires that you use for the tc lockup switch being ground out. Not saying the conveter can't f up and stay locked, just havent ever heard of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts