Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I drove through hot tar while they were re doing the high way.

Has anyone else done this and if so, how did you get it off?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Goo gone works the best, you can get it at wal mart for about $3

·
Registered
203 Posts
I 2nd the clay bar idea...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Sorry but why does everybody always forget this. :thud: I know all that other stuff will work, but diesel fuel works great. It won't hurt the paint, is easy to get, and it smells great on your hands!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Thank you!!:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
An easy way to get a pint of diesel fuel is to stick a bottle on your water separator drain and open the drain while your truck is running. Drain your water and draw a pint in about 2 seconds.

Also works well for starting fires, killing weeds, washing parts, etc.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Right on Dad!! I didn't think of the fire starter!!! I just wish my truck had the little lever under the filter canister. Mine just has a bleeder bolt to unscrew. Gota dig out a wrench, and besides that makes it a pain to get to.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
An easy way to get a pint of diesel fuel is to stick a bottle on your water separator drain and open the drain while your truck is running. Drain your water and draw a pint in about 2 seconds.

Also works well for starting fires, killing weeds, washing parts, etc.
Tikki torches also. Tried that Saturday nite. No tikki fuel but plenty of diesel. :thumbsup

·
4,669 Posts
tarvasol i got a few gal. from a buddy and it is great but expensive. Road oil runs off! I dont know where he ordered it tho.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I also spray on the wd-40 and watch it dissolve!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts