301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow...smh

·
Registered
67 Posts
This has truly been an unbelievable ordeal. I have quietly followed along and it’s just mind blowing to me how something like this could happen to anyone.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,413 Posts
Holy sh*t. I am F#%king INCENSED!

The dealer actually sold the new truck THAT I ORDERED a few days ago!!!

They are now going to be buying back the 2019 and I REFUSE to pay the usage fee.

F&@k🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Geez....I thought I'd seen everything when I did my buyback......this really set the bar way up.....

I'd bet this was more than a few days ago......

Sam

·
Registered
256 Posts
Unreal, I cant even...... Please name the dealer so others can avoid.

·
Registered
815 Posts
First off Face Palm.... I then heavily blame Ram for stalling the entire process which allowed this all to happen, Lesson learned have a timeline set in contracts with delay clauses.

Next the new dealer better have some good reason for selling your truck, past an oops. I never have done a order before but I can't understand why your truck wasn't marked as ... your truck, you even called the sales dude to verify everything... epic fail on them. I figure they either didn't care, broke a bunch of rules - contract, or expect to have an exact truck for you by the 9th when you come in to drop the lemon off. Maybe if your even willing at this point can get a 2021 truck. I understand if your just like to hell with everyone, I know I would be.

I hope you don't mind me asking but I never could figure out why you had to wait on the new truck?
Was the new truck and the lemon truck 1 deal or 2 separate deals? aka did you have to get the lemon figured out before you could take the new turck? Was the price on the new truck part of the settlement? If it was all part of 1 deal then WOW... sort of hard for ram to complete the deal.

I'm sick for you just thinking about this stupidity right now. I know it will get resolved and such but WOW.

I see in #268 you said the vin was part of the lemon agreement, with luck this agreement is what purchased your truck from the dealer, and the dealer isn't educated enough to connect the dots for you. vs Bob who may have purchased it no offense to Bob but that's not your truck.

Please know we are here for you, stay safe.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,413 Posts
Actually CTF....as bad as this is.......If you are going to buy another Ram anyway.....tell them you want a replacement truck, drag your feet a little and the 2020 YM truck production should be stopping soon. They will have to build you a 2021 YM truck since 2020 production is closed. I played it that way and my lemon 2014 truck was replaced with a 2016 YM. Under my settlement, I wasn't responsible for the several thousand dollar price increase from 2014 to 2016....it might work for you.... ✌

Sam

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hoooly crap... I don't know how you'll go about doing it but they literally need to pay for this. If you don't get a truck AND a check out of this I'll just be blown away. I'd hire that attorney NOW

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
If they give me all my money back, I won’t even think about an attorney.

I’d rather buy a 4th gen 1500 and put the cab on my 2004 than order ANOTHER truck with a CP4 and hope they don’t sell again.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Holy sh*t. I am F#%king INCENSED!

The dealer actually sold the new truck THAT I ORDERED a few days ago!!!

They are now going to be buying back the 2019 and I REFUSE to pay the usage fee.

F&@k🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Damn. I'd be walking into the deanship with fatigues and a large duffle bag. Close all the doors and turn the lights off. And tell them, somebody better have my truck or 2020 is about to get real lit!

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
I'd be suing for damages at this point. And I wouldn't blame you for never doing business with FCA again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Christ. As others already said this is unbelievable. I would do a Road House on that dealership with Bigfoot
LMAO! His situation sucks but that, is funny!

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
So the weeks continue rolling on and there's no resolution to this? What's going on? I would have an attorney at this point.

Reactions: Cottondoc

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not to poke the bear, but any news?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Come on ctf, its been over a week since your last update and inquiring minds want to know. Did you get a lawyer involved? Can you go to a government consumer protection agency for assistance? This is beyond belief. Maybe call your favorite local TV station and get their consumer watchdogs involved?
Enough already! Time to drop the hammer on those fools.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That does sound like a 2018 or earlier Cummins engine. I would call it normal for every diesel I have owned except now I have a 2019. That diesel sound is not the same any more.

Friend has a 2018 Cummins. We just had our trucks side-by-side and his does sound like yours. Mine is near silent compared to his. Since yours is the new motor I agree, something not right.

301 - 320 of 329 Posts