Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

281 - 300 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
It sounds like **** and it's a 90k+ truck ... I'm pissed
I was too. They are buying it back because of how long it was in the shop to find the cause of the noise. They replaced the engine and I refused.

I ordered the new truck in March, and now it’s at the dealer still waiting for paperwork. The 2019 sat at the dealer from November to June. I picked it up finally because it was set in stone I would get a replacement.

You do not want to go through the same mess, trust me.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
That sounds terrible! The dealer said they don't hear that? Are they deaf?

I'm listening on an iPad, so not the greatest sound system, but that sounds like a knock, not a tap. I suggest a different dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
It's intermittent. Sounds like a fuel delivery issue, not something inside the motor. When my 2012 would go into regen, it had that sort of sound.

Reactions: cumminsturbofreak

·
Registered
5,509 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
WOW just read it all WOW ... I love the fact that driveline fell out when you had to pick up the lemon truck. I hope you sent every owner you could find of that dealer the outcome of visiting the shop with the video of the idiots fixing it. "Not worth their time to fix" almost seems like a death threat now after seeing the driveline??

In terms of the paperwork .. seems fishy to me not sure why but all these delays seem punitive to you. my fear would be you end up in an accident with the lemon truck. People buy and sell trucks daily and shouldn't be this complicated. Stalling for the sake of stalling is only costing them at this point. your losing confidence in a brand, everyone you tell is impacted, every call interaction you have with them is payroll, everyday that truck loses value. Once they agreed it was a lemon and especially after you said I will buy another it should have been hrs to complete the paperwork and a tow truck to pickup the lemon. It's simple math, sign, notarized, done.

Are you not allowed to pickup the new truck yet? I'm lost on why you can't have your new wheels yet. Or are you making sure the lemon is done first before getting the new one? Pretty soon they will need to discount that special ordered truck in the lot for sitting so long... LOL but seriously 2021 is only 4 months away. Also how are payments being worked out.. I'm getting frustrated for you.

Just as a side note I heard the CP4 has some sort of new TSB recall - details on post 42. I would talk to dealer with your new truck if you have the update.

Keep the info coming, love hearing you winning the war.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #294 (Edited)
So, I got a phone call today...

On September 9th 2020, the final chapter will close. I’ll be surrendering the 2019 and picking up the new 2020.

EDIT: read post #296. My worst fears came true.

Reactions: sthrnromr and Felt

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,413 Posts
So, I got a phone call today...

On September 9th 2020, the final chapter will close. I’ll be surrendering the 2019 and picking up the new 2020.

Finally!
Good to hear....(y) My replacement has been flawless, hope yours will be too....🍺🍺🍺

Sam

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Holy sh*t. I am F#%king INCENSED!

The dealer actually sold the new truck THAT I ORDERED a few days ago!!!

They are now going to be buying back the 2019 and I REFUSE to pay the usage fee.

F&@k🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Holy sh*t. I am F#%king INCENSED!

The dealer actually sold the new truck THAT I ORDERED a few days ago!!!

They are now going to be buying back the 2019 and I REFUSE to pay the usage fee.

F&@k
Oh
My
Lord

You know it’s socially acceptable to burn car dealers down now.....

19 DDSRT .... because it’s awesome
19 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab HO (patriot bus)
2020 311BHS Grand Design

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
When you said it was listed for sale, I knew this day was coming. 1 word...attorney.
They now offered to buy the 2019 back, but I told my manager at FCA to bill the dealer the usage fee. They breached a signed settlement agreement. They’ll either agree or get sued.

281 - 300 of 331 Posts