Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my truck in this morning for a CEL. After my truck was finished I talked to the diesel tech. He told me if I had a 5.9 then he would not care one bit if I had an Edge as long as it were off when it got there, but he said no way to the Edge on the 6.7. Then he tried to convince me to trade my 6.7 for a 5.9. I still want the Edge:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Sounds like a group of not so smart folks. Why is it ok for the 5.9 and not the 6.7?

·
Registered
602 Posts
The diesel tech at my dealership said the same thing. "I would leave everything alone and just drive it." Ha. Ha. Ha.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Sounds like a group of not so smart folks. Why is it ok for the 5.9 and not the 6.7?
Sounds like a smart mechanic. If you aren't doing a DPF and EGR delete a box is going to cause you nothing but problems with the 6.7.

·
HI
3,440 Posts
Sounds like a smart mechanic. If you aren't doing a DPF and EGR delete a box is going to cause you nothing but problems with the 6.7.
i agree 100%^^^^^^^ you dont have to do anything to the 5.9

·
Registered
267 Posts
:agree2: I installed the BD power pup on friday and drove about 340 miles mixed driving today i get the cat full message for about a mile then I get the 70% after 2 miles of driving within 8 miles of the message it was gone and system ok was back...:$:dpf/egr delete here i come now if they could only make it so it looks like the emssions crap is still there that would be awesome:T:

·
Banned
706 Posts
:agree2: I installed the BD power pup on friday and drove about 340 miles mixed driving today i get the cat full message for about a mile then I get the 70% after 2 miles of driving within 8 miles of the message it was gone and system ok was back...:$:dpf/egr delete here i come now if they could only make it so it looks like the emssions crap is still there that would be awesome:T:
If you want to keep it the way it looks now, couldnt you just gut the DPF and CAT then hide the box and have the o2 sensor and ex temp lines still hooked up but have them there as FAKES? Heck, I dont know?:w:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:lol3:heck i dunno :rof but i like the way your thinkin'

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you have problems you can put the stock exhaust back on.if you gut it you have to buy new stuff.BIG$$$$$

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yeah, go right ahead and take a crow bar to the $3200 DPF on the truck. That way when it doesnt work you can spend twice as much..........LOL!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
i brought mine to dealer today with my edge and mp-8 they didnt say a word and they did a full service on it... maybe they didnt see it lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts