Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my truck at the dealer today for the G30 recall, and asked them about putting a delete kit on my truck. He said it would totally void the warranty because there is a little black box on the truck that can tell if you have tampered with anything. It stores this information forever. So if you put a chip in your truck and take it out before it goes to the dealer, you're still screwed because it will show up that you put one in and they send your vin to Chrysler.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Well if that's true (and not a scare tatic) then I think that's total BS.. nuff said..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Same. Sounds like a tatic to me

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I just had my truck at the dealer today for the G30 recall, and asked them about putting a delete kit on my truck. He said it would totally void the warranty because there is a little black box on the truck that can tell if you have tampered with anything. It stores this information forever. So if you put a chip in your truck and take it out before it goes to the dealer, you're still screwed because it will show up that you put one in and they send your vin to Chrysler.
Find another dealer!!!!!

Yes, the Ecm stores data, but with a fooler the data will remain in good specs. :thumbsup

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yep just trying to scare you buddy....I would find a different dealer

·
Registered
144 Posts
the ecm stores and logs how many times the truck has went into regen this is what the dealer will see. find another dealer thats fed up with emission problems.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I called my dealer about doing the delete and he told me the same B.S. thing about "If it was the reason something happened" What a generic answer so my next phone call was to the finance guys and cashed in the warrenty! :$::woot:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I went to Vern Laures in New Hapmton, IA. They said it stores in the black box any mods that you do. The fooler box might be ok but what about a chip? He said Chrysler dont got no problem with it but the government does because these mods arent EPA approved so chrysler has to do what the gov tells em and crackdown. Has anyone had a delete kit on and taken it off bc you needed to take your truck into the dealer? Did they notice you had done anyting?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called my dealer about doing the delete and he told me the same B.S. thing about "If it was the reason something happened" What a generic answer so my next phone call was to the finance guys and cashed in the warrenty! :$::woot:
How much cash did you get?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Well I went to Vern Laures in New Hapmton, IA.
They're a bunch of retards. I guarentee not a single person at the dealership could find the things a chip would modify.

YES, a Cummins tech COULD find things that would "tell" (ie, parameters out of allowance) but they have to get into the ECM and dig....what they told you isn't a lie, it's just they told you to scare you....

·
Registered
319 Posts
It was just stupid one they talked me into that I paid for..The extended warrenty is what I cashed in. No sure why I even got it I have never had a truck for over 4 years anyway.:lol3:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Anything you do can be found if they look hard enough. As said many times, you have to pay to play. Doing these mods I assume my warranty is as good as gone. My dealership is retarded and couldnt find there ways out of a paper bag. If something does go wrong thats not obviously from my mods or stupidity i will attempt to get it fixed, but if they deny me the i will just have to pay. Thats the way it goes.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Anything you do can be found if they look hard enough. As said many times, you have to pay to play. Doing these mods I assume my warranty is as good as gone. My dealership is retarded and couldnt find there ways out of a paper bag. If something does go wrong thats not obviously from my mods or stupidity i will attempt to get it fixed, but if they deny me the i will just have to pay. Thats the way it goes.
I need to find a dealer like you then. I had hell with my dealer today honoring my warranty. They said if they could prove that my tires caused the tierod to go bad then they would have voided it but they couldn't... But.. they still said they knew that's that screwed it up.. They also told me no other air filter, box, lift or anything or they'll void my warranty. Sounds like I need to find a different dealer. They told me that a AFE air box was the blame for a 06 Cummins motor to go bad because it let in too much dirt.. I call BS..

·
Registered
319 Posts
HAHA thats funny considering the AFE filters way better than stock! Sorry choked under pressure and did not have the real numbers but im sure its alot:lol3:

·
Registered
179 Posts
has anyone got a warranty from someone other then DC? I bought a warrenty when I bought a used pickup and I didn't have to fight with them to much to get work done would this be an option to look into?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Little black box...what a joke. Next thing they're going to tell us is all our financial transactions and accounts need to be watched to ensure our safety.

Oh wait... thats already happening.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
The video they sent us said they can see if something was out of a set parameter which can help them if needed to void warranty. My friend is one of the top Dodge tech's in this area and I told him about this and he said he beileves it but has not been trained where to find the information and has not bothered to look for it either.

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
you guys need to find a different dealership!!! our dealer in town installs chips, gauges, exhausts and such for those that want them to:thumbsup

dads 05 had a EZ awhile back and #5 injector failed.... covered under warranty then we installed a juice/attitude and #5 went again over a year later (from the first time) and it was covered again:woot: both time we left the box installed:T:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts