Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
So now the tailgate will open and I'll loose my shipment of weed?

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bought the part from my dealer today and installed it this evening. I don’t think it took 10 minutes.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I did get a recall letter for my 2018, but on the Mopar owners site it says my truck has no recalls.

I do like how the long beds weren't recalled at first. Must be the longer wheelbase = smoother ride = less likely to jar the tailgate open.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
I did get a recall letter for my 2018, but on the Mopar owners site it says my truck has no recalls.

I do like how the long beds weren't recalled at first. Must be the longer wheelbase = smoother ride = less likely to jar the tailgate open.
When an active recall develops, there is both financial and regulatory fallout for the manufacturer. Each group class of affected vehicle implies regulatory penalties involving increased oversight as well as the immediate direct financial costs. As we all expect, the more vehicles are recalled -- the larger each class -- the worse it is for the manufacturer.

By separating the trucks into various classes, FCA was able to defer handling the recall for long beds into subsequent accounting and regulatory periods because the number of reported defects for that class -- aside from the fact that it's bookkeeping BS -- is much smaller than the number of reported defects for the short beds. It doesn't matter that the long bed hardware is identical. This allowed both the financial and regulatory bookkeeping to be spread out over a longer interval.

In effect, the paperwork dancing turned one larger recall into two or more smaller ones.

·
Registered
966 Posts
EricP, I realize that. I was just being sarcastic about my long bed comments.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
No apology, you did a great job explaining the recall process and why a manufacturer might handle it the way FCA did. I appreciate it.
Thanks for the kind words. I have been accused in the past, oh so rarely of course, of being a bit pedantic ... sometimes....on occasion....

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The actuator stop 68448027AA
I can find for .53 cents but the shipping is $8 plus depending on which Mopar site. LOL
Ebay $13 plus LOL
Are these people sick or what????

61 - 69 of 69 Posts