Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching, didn't come up with much...That being said, what has everyone done for brighter reverse lights? I have 5% tint and while I elected to do so, knowing how dark it would be at night, I'm starting to get tired of rolling down the windows to see better while I'm backing up. I'd love to see pics, if possible, of what everyone out there has done. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a pic you could drop in here? Id like to see how your lights under the bumper look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Superbrightled.com
That’s where I buy all my Canbus bulbs from cheap, they work great. But Morimoto tails are better 😬

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
the led's i put in the reverse lights are wicked bright.

·
Ducati M.
6,815 Posts
I tried fairly expensive leds in the tails, and they’re brighter, but nothing will match a set of pods. These are just cheap floods like you’d get on amazon, but they do their job well.

Attachments

Reactions: Special Nick

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have pretty much the same setup as Dman. LED replacement bulbs in the tail lights do their job in somewhat well-lit areas, parking lots, etc. But for areas with no light, nothing beats a set of flood pods. I have mine hooked to a switch with constant power making them very useful for hooking up trailers at night, unloading/loading, etc.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,306 Posts
On my 12 i added some small light bars

they definitely lit up the night, planning on doing something similar with my 18

·
"I'll go all in."
3,079 Posts
Cars0n said:
very common solution.

I did the same on my truck but purposely wired them to a switch so I can use them when truck is in park and I need to hook up to a trailer at night. Pretty dang handy. Plenty of options for LED bulbs to put in the factory reverse lights. Need to make sure they are CanBus compatible but the ones I've seen that work help quite a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wired mine right to the reverse lights, wish I woulda put a switch, they’re too bright for the camera at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ducati M.
6,815 Posts
I want to put a pair into the back of a set of running boards at some point to light up the tires at night. Light just at the back of the truck I find isn’t as useful to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts