Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know if 05 lights will fit in an 08 bed
thanks wes:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Looks like the 2005's only fit 2002-2006, sorry :thud: 2007 & 2008 are their own breed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what some one else told me i thought i would ask you guy and is there a way to mod them to fit
thanks wes

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Well, I think the problem is; at the top of the taillight, where it slants upward towards the tailgate, the slant is steeper on the 207-2008 models. So it would be more trouble than its worth for sure, i'm guessing you found a good deal on some '05's?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an 05 I wrecked the bed got a good deal on an 08 bed but dont like the tail lights so i wondered if i could put my lights in it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if they wont fit is there a company who makes some type of aftermarket light

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
i have an 05 I wrecked the bed got a good deal on an 08 bed but dont like the tail lights so i wondered if i could put my lights in it
Well, since the '05 has less angle than the '08, i'm sure a welder could tack in a small piece and make it work, but that would probably only be an option if you have to repaint the bed anyway... But i'm guessing that the new bed matches your truck. I guess it depends on how much you don't like the '08 taillights...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it has to be painted anyway

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you search for on ebay cant find any for an 08

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the flat lens is what i want. i dont like how the lens has the big knobs on them
thanks wes

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lvin4jc you do good work

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on recons website it says that there lights fit 03-09 :lol3:
wes

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
lvin4jc you do good work
Tell your friends, lol. I used to sell Earthlink so I lived on the internet for a couple of years, so I can surf with the best of them :thumbsup

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aparently they dont know what they sell
wes

·
Devil Dog
135 Posts
does any one know if 05 lights will fit in an 08 bed
thanks wes:thumbsup
Any update on this? I have guy who sells beds for a living who swears my 2005 Dodge 2500 tail lights will fit on his new takeoff 2008 Dodge 2500 bed (he does state that the 1500's ARE different).

Anyone actually try this?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts