Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i started to build my engine and the only thing i let someone else do was heat up the cam gear and drop it on.
question for you guys is the plate behind it i guess it is the tach gear if wrong let me proper name but when i installed my cam and tightrned down on retainer and turned motor over by hand it caught pretty good and rubbed.
do you suppose to shave the timing housing down a bit because my vp is about 2cm smaller than my ppump housing or did guy just warp that tach strip.
any help would be awesome also where can i pick another one of these up beside a dodge dealer.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You can buy a gear for an 01/02 from cummins, but it isn't cheap. You did adjust/slide over the tac pick-up hole? The 12V tach hole is for the holding tool (pin) to hold the engine while adjusting the P7100 timing. The 12V cam gear has a 4-6mm shallow hole to allow the pin to drop into.

Just as a FYI the 12V holding pin in a different position than the 24V VP tac sensor. You just have to worry this for 01/02 conversions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.