Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys first off thanks in advance the knowledge on this site is amazing and im forever in debt to you guys! especially the infamous mopar man! ok, i am about ready to send my ecm off for a rebuild because ive slowly accepted this fate. My truck first lost power to lp and i wired it in from battery. now my temp gauge and oil psi gauge are wacky and both have new sensors. now my truck will not start until wait to start light goes off it will crank all day but until the light goes off nothing. It would always start before without waiting for the light. the tach will drop to zero and make the truck lurch momentarily then all the sudden the tach comes back. im thinking after my own research it must be the ecm but im wondering if anyone has another idea? could i have ground issues from ecm? how can i find and check ecm grounds? can i add a ground to ecm? thanks so much guys and sorry for the long post just trying to be thorough!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
ECM grounds are the driver side negative battery cables. Look at pins 30 and 49 they should have less than 5 ohms from the ECM plug to the battery terminal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks so much your so helpful! i will check this in the am at shop. so if it has less than 5 ohms would you bet its the whole ecm and the grounds are fine? im just wondering your gut feeling on the mentioned issues! i'll report back tomorrow before lunch thanks again

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Error codes? :confused013:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the only code it throws is P0117 low voltage to temp gauge sending unit :doh: and it always started before the wait to start light came on but now it will crank and crank until light comes on then it will fire right up. sometimes the wait to start light comes in after a few seconds other times i have to turn key off and on again to get light to come on but its always delayed now it never was before

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
ECM memory is damaged why the long wait for the WAIT TO START... Nothing that can be done other than replacement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok mopar man thanks so much is it wise to send it off to be rebuilt? what do you recommend I do to replace it? there is a company on ebay that has 100% feedback and will rebuild it for 385.00 what do you think? :confused013:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.