Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if an hx40 has the T4 can u put a T3 on it? might be a dumb question but figured id ask

·
Registered
661 Posts
i think you would put the t4 on the exhuast manifold vs putting a t3 on a t4 turbo housing?...not for sure tho

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not real sure. I got a hx40 with 90k on for just over 350. so im making sure eveyrthing is gonna work. Gonna need some help with plumbing too. Getting it to fit a non ic. but pretty excited to put up some decent numbers on the dyno after its finished:peelout

·
Registered
570 Posts
You should be able to use the center section to the compressor side of the turbo in your 16 cm housing. I do believe that you will have to remove your exhaust wheel and put it on the 40's shaft. I would highly recommend to have that balanced. Other wise I would run the T-4 housing.

You can use an adapter to run a T-4 on your manifold. Or the proper way to do it would be to get a Big Foot 3piece manifold from ATS with the T-4 foot already on it.

If your 40 has a T4 it's probably a 19cm unit. It's gonna be a pig unless it's on an auto.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it has a 17cm housing. Wasnt sure if it was a T3 or a T4

·
Registered
570 Posts
Try runnig it the way it is. I would think it would lite ok with the 435's.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
because its a non intercooled im gonna have to make a custom induction setup. anyone know were to get the parts?

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awsome thanks for all the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts