Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 2500
I don’t even know where to start. Just bought the truck, and noticed within a month or so when the TC locks, it shutters under 1500rpm while in a “lug” and is very loud. Transmission was built about 20,000 miles ago and never gave the guy any issues. Supposedly around 7k for the trans.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Shouldn’t be shuddering at that rpm. I run mine locked up down to 825 rpm with no shudder.

Reactions: 7492

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if its a shutter, or what. Its a loud noise only when the T/C lockup engages. Didn't know if some converters are designed to be like this or if its time to pull the trans and inspect flex plate ect.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
For $7000 or $8000 built transmission did they put in a triple disc or what?
1500 rpm should give you good roll on and not shudder unless it’s a stock worn converter with tuner settings on kill. What LPs are you running with this built unit.

Reactions: 7492

·
Premium Member
15,327 Posts
I don’t even know where to start. Just bought the truck, and noticed within a month or so when the TC locks, it shutters under 1500rpm while in a “lug” and is very loud.
So what happens if you shift a sane rpm like 1900-2000? Shifting or letting it shift in the 1500-1600 rpm is just asking for trouble with torsional harmonics. If you do now know what line pressures at that rpm doubly a bad idea. The insistence to pull these engines down into idle circuit shifting and working them their is just insane. Everything is a lot happier at 1900-2000 rpms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I shift the truck at 1900-2000 it does great. Its lifted, 35's so the more I stay in it the better it does. It shifts into 6th gear at 45mph. As soon as T/C lockup occurs at low rpm it shutters pretty good. I've been driving through town and slow spots putting the truck in 4th just so its not lugging and shuddering violently. When I let off the gas it continues until T/C lockup kicks out, which then it shifts to 3rd then 1st to a stop. I'm trying to get ahold of the guy who built it and see what all is done to it. I did notice it has an aftermarket pan on it as well. MiniMaxx, fass fuel, exhaust, deleted, cold air, and the transmission. I got a crazy deal on it from a buddies dad and I'm new to the diesel world. I've just heard these trucks are stout and they pull super good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
any update to this i have the exact same thing going on rebuilt/built-ish triple disk doing exact same thing however i have no tuning still intact 15 3500 with 4.10’s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts