Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried to search but couldnt find what im looking for, i would feel like for everyone to comment and post their opinions, trials, and results to the above topic... pros amd cons etc... thanks

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
when i went to a t4 from a t3 it was a large jump in turbine size as well. not really a direct comparison. what info are you looking for?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
The pro seems to be you can choose the turbo that has a different mounting than the stock turbo.

The con seems to be you have to buy a new manifold or weld on an adapter to use the wrong type turbo on your truck.

The turbo you choose seems to be the only reason to change the mounting foot size.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the advanges to a t4
whats the dis advantages going with a t4
^^^ same question for t3
comparing lets say 64/71 T3 and a 64/71 t4
If someone ran a t4 turbo how much would it help to run a t4 manifold vs to just run the adapter...
Wanting someone to explain why I should spend the extra money on a t3 turbo or shouldnt and buy a t4 box stock for example
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
The Foot Size is irrelevant, if that is all you compare.

If All things are equal starting from the engine head to the turbine wheel than all the T4 Foot will do is create latency in spool since you have a sealed chamber with more volume.

Make Changes before or after the T4 / T3 area and there becomes possible gains. For every action there is a reaction.... Are you gaining spool up / better acceleration or simply improving flow? Keep in mind that pressure equals speed, sometimes what you think you are getting is not the case.

Big Increases in Fuel will benefit on the high end with more flow.... is that what you are looking for ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts