Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would post something in here about a event I am affiliated with. It is the 7th annual Sand Wizards Racing Dune Clean Up. It will heald at Winchester Bay on April 24th (sat) 2010. It is a good time we pick up some trash have a good get together with friends and give alot of stuff away. This year close to $10,000 in prizes, Sand Sports Magazine will be on hand to do a photo shoot and article for may's issue. Once I get the flyer done I will post it in here also if anyone is intrested in attending. Below is a list of the sponsors for this year.

Maier MFG
Dreamers Fab Works, Inc
Rocky Mountain ATV
Local Heroes NW
H Bomb Films
PRM Products INC
AXO
Works Shocks
Twister Crankshafts
Cottage grove yamaha
Les Schwab
Bay Area Yamaha
Modquad
OMSN/Meyer Media
South Coast Sanitation
Sand Sports Mag
Sidewinder
GT Thunder
Elka
dependable offroad

This is more important than ever this year, most of you don't know but the USFS (forrest service) has decided to finaly enforce the 1994 forest plan that affects desiganted routes, this is alot of mumbo jumbo but it boils down to this they are planning to close all trails everywhere, banshee hill-closed all tree shots-closed connector trails-closed all trails from boxcar to goose pasture in florence will be closed except for hauser woop road.

Here are some facts the ODNRA (Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area) is about 29,930 acres, of that about 36% is open to OHV use right now about 12,000 acres, when this goes into effect this spring (yes a couple months) they are going to take away 15% more of the 36% we have which drops OHV users down to about 7200 acres.

There is a comittee that is going through all the ridding areas surveying what will be closed and open and at the end will give there recomendation to the USFS on how much sould be closed, this comittee is made up of people from both sides, greenies and OHV users, I can tell you from being at a couple of these meetings listening to the USFS they are closing all 15% of this area and Soon.

Our best hope is we have established a fund with the Blue Ribbon Coalalition to gather funds to start a fight on this, there is a new forest plan slated for 2014 where we intend to fight to get more land back open for OHV users. This is a tough battle where we all loose unfortunatly....

· Registered
836 Posts
keep us updated, I'm all for helping keep winchester/florence/coos bay open

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here you go, top pic was taken at horsefall beach staging area july 4, 1966. the bottom pic was taken 2 days ago...notice anything different?

both pics Coutesy of my dad

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am also organizing a dyno session that is a true pipe comparisions for the YFZ450 if anyone is intrested in watching or having there pipe tested against some of the others.

we have a bone stock 450 with a dynojet kit and a gytr pipe, intake and a K&N, we will put the stock pipe on and run it, then pull the baffel out and run it, then start putting every pipe we can find on it and run it to get some true numbers on HP differences and torque curves per pipe in a controled situation...

· Registered
2,126 Posts
I am also organizing a dyno session that is a true pipe comparisions for the YFZ450 if anyone is intrested in watching or having there pipe tested against some of the others.

we have a bone stock 450 with a dynojet kit and a gytr pipe, intake and a K&N, we will put the stock pipe on and run it, then pull the baffel out and run it, then start putting every pipe we can find on it and run it to get some true numbers on HP differences and torque curves per pipe in a controled situation...
Havent others already done this? Good work on trying to keep our beloved dunes open, I would like to help attend if im not working.:thumbsup:

· Registered
836 Posts
Havent others already done this? Good work on trying to keep our beloved dunes open, I would like to help attend if im not working.:thumbsup:
yea theres a few guys on YFZTech that have done comparisons on everything from bone stock to highly modified yfz's but theres no such thing as too much info :thumbsup:

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i know, I just feel alot of these sessions are biased and do not believe the results so I am going to do a comparison for myself....

I hate loosing public land for ALL the public to use. I don't want to have to do this crap fight to keep our lands open but if i want to continue to ride I have to do my part....

· Registered
2,427 Posts
i doubt id be able to afford the drive, but would willing to tag along and pitch some fuel money. since an extra set of hands is allways better:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.