Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 with a mini maxx. Just recently had some parts fall off and have been very happy. Since doing so however I've noticed my boost seems to come on alot sooner. So I've been doing alot of reading. Been finding the differences between ATT and non ATT. From what I understand going to non att is the way to go.
Is it really a simple process? I've read it is but I always get a bit nervous out of fear. So I figured I'd ask just to confirm it. From what I've read its: 1. Find the files 2. Copy the files 3. Paste the files onto sd card 4. Update firmware on the tuner 5. Install tune onto truck.
I wanna make sure my understanding of this is clear, is it really that simple?

·
Registered
695 Posts
You got it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Now I'm just trying to find a vers .47 non turbo

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you could enlighten a diesel newbie. What is ATT or non ATT?

Sorry, using search I see it may be Advanced Turbo Timing?? Am I to understand it is really engine timing that is creating more boost from higher cylinder pressure created by advancing the timing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Now I'm just trying to find a vers .47 non turbo

If you could enlighten a diesel newbie. What is ATT or non ATT?

Sorry, using search I see it may be Advanced Turbo Timing?? Am I to understand it is really engine timing that is creating more boost from higher cylinder pressure created by advancing the timing?
YUP, Advanced Turbo Timing. Im not a turbo guru, but as i understand it, Its modified tuning of the turbo. Being a variable geometry turbo (VGT) closing the vanes in the turbo builds boost sooner and quicker than original engine maping had allowed. It will also run higher boost numbers using the ATT tunes. I think the problem can be that by doing this your restricting the flow in the turbo creating more head pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for linking the file. I found your other thread last night and got it installed. It made a big difference. I also did the trans tuning and the truck drives so much nicer.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I.have had the mini max on my 2012 since new. I switch to the none aggressive turbo turbo tune years ago. You can hold ur foot down on the go pedal only makes 35lbs of boost max. I still have the stock head bolts. Towed lost of weight with the truck. I always run it on the max power setting or the next one down.

Reactions: Chopzuk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pa Coal Roller...can I ask how many miles you have on your 2012 now? Do you also have the trans tuning (unlock) in addition to the non aggressive tune? Also wanting to know if you run it on the default injection timing setting (3), or if you changed the injection timing at all? Do you guys run a pyro with your MM? What brand? Thanks for the input, cause guys like you and Jeff McGuire in this post, are helping the "new to diesel tuning" guys like me understand the process better!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts