Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm just lookin for any input from anyone i'm thinking about ditching my stacks and building a custom 5 inch dual system i love my stacks and have always wnated them but i also have needs for my tuck I.E. fuel tank, much bigger tool box than what i have now,....... i think a 5 inch dual system should look and sound pretty cool i got 5 inch straight now to my 7 aussies:confused013::confused013: any input plzz:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
I would say go for it. Stacks will sell easy on this site too. Of course, you will have a hole in your bed though. If you put the fuel tank over it you won't have a problem there.

Duals out the back will sound about as deep as your exhaust does now IMO.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I had 4" duals which were loud but raspy..the 5" duals are alot deeper and have about the same tone as stacks but not quite as loud as them. Cruising down the road around 2krpms is a pretty good drone, but I don't mind. With an aftermarket/bigger turbo will make it sound alot better, deeper and more turbine. Im really glad I went with the dual 5" better spool and sound. I just keep breaking hangers cuz of the weight.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I had 4" duals which were loud but raspy..the 5" duals are alot deeper and have about the same tone as stacks but not quite as loud as them. Cruising down the road around 2krpms is a pretty good drone, but I don't mind. With an aftermarket/bigger turbo will make it sound alot better, deeper and more turbine. Im really glad I went with the dual 5" better spool and sound. I just keep breaking hangers cuz of the weight.
could you explain a little more on what material you used/bought for the dual 5"ers

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
how much for the 7in aussies??,,and do u have pics??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts