Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a fabtech 4.5" kit for a great deal only used about 6 months. The only problem is I don't think the guy has the sway bar drop bracket.

They look easy enough to make yourself, but how much of a drop do you need to make it? Anyone wanna measure theirs for me?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well you can buy them for 70 bucks so it might just be easier to order one up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its official I have the wife picking up the lift it has quad shocks up front and is a fabtech lift, just dont know about the sway bar stuff yet. BTW how the heck do you get the passenger upper control arm bolt out without taking off the exhaust?

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
Well its official I have the wife picking up the lift it has quad shocks up front and is a fabtech lift, just dont know about the sway bar stuff yet. BTW how the heck do you get the passenger upper control arm bolt out without taking off the exhaust?
Take the nut off and push the bolt in a little. Then cut the head off of the bolt and pull it out. Put a new bolt in from the outside and stack about 4 washers on the inside before you put the new bolt on.

·
Registered
564 Posts
This is what I did on my 2nd gen

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take the nut off and push the bolt in a little. Then cut the head off of the bolt and pull it out. Put a new bolt in from the outside and stack about 4 washers on the inside before you put the new bolt on.
Sorry just me being dumb but what are the extra washers for? And can you use any Grade 8 bolt or do I need to go to the stealership and get the factory one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its official I got the lift today and no sway bar drop brackets hmmm... I really wanted to put it on this weekend. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also on the fabtech kits do you reverse the mounting position of the drag link? It looks like the pitman arm is tapered in the opposite direction from the stock location.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Quad shocks??? Man that thing is gonna be stiff!

EDIT: I just saw your other thread. It looks like you are on the right track

·
Registered
37 Posts
If your running stock rear leafs, I have a suggestion...

Take the swaybar off and leave it in the garage. The rear is so stiff you won't notice that much body roll and the front will act a lot more controlled as the suspension will actually cycle independently. :party018:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts