Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planning on getting a mud truck its a 03 and the engine was busted up in a pull and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Cat C12 would fit in the compartment with little to no change. Also was wondering if anyone knows how much a single rear wheel to duals would run.. Just wondering if anyone knows thanks.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
motor...Im not sure. Single to duals your looking at a new rear axle, wheels, fenders, and some fab work. Are you doing the work yourself?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, a C12 Cat will not fit in any shape or form in that truck. A C7 wont even fit but with a little work a 3208 might. Plus to mate the right transmission to a C7 or C12 would require alot of reworking the cab floor and firewall.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dually -- how big of tires are you planning to run? You can inboard the springs, but it takes ALOT of work to get it done and to brace it properly.

G

·
No, a C12 Cat will not fit in any shape or form in that truck. A C7 wont even fit but with a little work a 3208 might. Plus to mate the right transmission to a C7 or C12 would require alot of reworking the cab floor and firewall.
I would think that a C7 would be easier to fit in a dodge engine bay than a 3208. Since the C7 is an inline and the 3208 is a wide headed V-8.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its not a width deal as much as a length deal. Engine bays arent as long as they used to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts