Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 250 4 wheel drive auto, I found a 90 150 2 wheel drive V6 auto, is it possible to swap cabs? , the only difference I could see is the hump in the floor looks smaller on the half ton and the master cylinder is smaller. thanks

·
1ST GEN
15,574 Posts
The floor pan is different. You will need to replace the center hump section.

Is your 92 a cummins truck??

If it is you would need to change the wiring harness over to the 90 cab. It is different for a gasser.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
The center hump is different. 4wd vs. 2wd. The 4wd has a wider hump towards the pass. side for the 4wd shifter to come through. We just put a 89 V6 2wd cab on a 93 CTD. was too bad of a swap. The 89 had power window and locks so we kept all that on it for the CTD. You don't have to change the center hump, you just might have to change the shape a bit with a BFH to make it clear the T-case and shifter. If you put a body lift on it, it'll clear ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, yes it is of course a cummins! I can get the 2wd for 500 bucks and the cab and bed are in great shape. So I think I'll make it fit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts