Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Ram 2500 SLT with a basic 3" leveling kit up front and 2" in the rear. I am currently running 35" tires on 20" wheels. Everything is stock except for the front spacers and rear blocks.

I recently installed the AEV HighMark Fender Flare kit on my truck with the plan to fit 40" tires on 17" wheels. You remove A LOT of material to install this kit so there is plenty of room for the 40s. I plan on putting something like a Carli 3" Pintop or Dominator kit on it later, but I need to get the truck rolling on the 40s as soon as possible, and I don't want to drop the cash for the Carli kit at the moment.

Problem: As the truck sits, the 40s mostly fit up front (rear is fine). The problem is that because I'm using the stock control arms, the front axle is not aligned correctly, and the 40s rub ever so slightly at the back of the front fender, enough that I feel it's a problem.

Proposed Solution: I think I could get some adjustable control arms to push the front axle forward to where I want it. These can be found for around $500.

My main question is, do I need a driveline spacer if I push the axle forward? The AEV Dualsport suspension kit has a 1.6" axle spacer when fitting 40" tires, hence my thoughts on needing one.

I've attached some pics so you can see where things are. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
2,823 Posts
No. The front drive shaft is splined and will move in/out as the suspension cycles. I’d get some high clearance arms from Thuren or Carli. And those are 1/2” longer than stock (at least with Thuren) and they will cost more than $500.

·
Vendor
15,049 Posts
A good quality set of 4 will cost more than $500.
I can offer you a variety of choices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts