Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys i need some ideas about blocking my rearend for the track,
ive got a few ideas on my mind
set of traction bars running from my axle to reciver, replacing shocks with solid bar and an adjustable piece from my frame to sit on top of my axle
got any pictures?

· low life
1,489 Posts
make sum adjustable bump stops off your factory bump stop location...i made mine out of square tubing it adjust like a receiver hitch pin all the way up for street driving and down for the sled

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i can set it so i have an inch of clearance too got any pictures?

· Registered
72 Posts
If your driving on the street scratch the shock replacement idea and make them removable or adjustable. Some clubs require 1 inch travel and some don't, mine dosn't allow stops for my class but im going to make some so I can run different pulls. Making mine out of 2x2 tubing and other tubing that mates inside then pinning it, mounting at factory bump stop location.

· low life
1,489 Posts
^^^^ thats how i roll^^^ with a flat plate to bolt in factory location "old stops" jegs has a 1in thick rubber disc i used for the contact point

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah wasnt so crazy about the shock replacement idea either, but i found come good ideas on cumminsforum i think im going to go with

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i meant competition diesel haha

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone want to post some more pictures?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Here is what mine look like. You can set it to what ever height you desire. I still haven't gotten around to the rubber in the ends of the stops yet.

I picked up the small receivers from Tractor Supply and some 2" square stock. The receivers were milled open and I can take the stops completely out. No rattling going down the road, they can always be touched up with spray paint to prevent rust and keep them looking good. No matter what the regulations are, simply drill the square stock for the desired height.

Just ran outside and took these for ya :thumbsup:

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how far away is your piece on the frame? its about 3 inches right

· Registered
1,221 Posts

· vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
14,088 Posts
1JP hte only thong I'd see with that set up is you can't have a turn over ball for a goose neck, but I give it to ya that's a sweet a$$ set up and now I mite be changing my plans/ideas. I hate to copy folks but dang that looks good

· Registered
1,221 Posts
My gooseneck setup is the Drawtite

I like the idea it just comes right out and there is no other hole in the bed, the stack is enough :hehe:

Thanks for the compliments :thanks2:

Rebel: It's 2.5" out from the frame. You just want it hitting square in the middle of the spring plate.

· Registered
277 Posts
Here is what mine look like. You can set it to what ever height you desire. I still haven't gotten around to the rubber in the ends of the stops yet.

I picked up the small receivers from Tractor Supply and some 2" square stock. The receivers were milled open and I can take the stops completely out. No rattling going down the road, they can always be touched up with spray paint to prevent rust and keep them looking good. No matter what the regulations are, simply drill the square stock for the desired height.

Just ran outside and took these for ya :thumbsup:

I know this is an old thread but I did mine the same way...looks good, works good lol. Nice work :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.