Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got are new 5th wheel this weekend. Towing,power, and stopping no problems for the Dodge 2500 HD cpmpletely stock. Now the sag in the rear end is a little much for me. I will be putting air bags on next week. Wondering about other upgrades that may help.
The king pin weight is only about 3500#, I didn't expect this much sag.

Give me some advice guys, I have to get it up before the ole man sees it and laughs at me, he has the same 5th wheel and an 08 2500 duramax with hardly and sagging.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I'm thinking about Timbrens instead of airbags for mine. There aren't too many other options other than adding more springs....

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It's not sagging as bad as you think. You have a leveling kit. That makes a bad optical illusion that it's really sagging badly.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's not sagging as bad as you think. You have a leveling kit. That makes a bad optical illusion that it's really sagging badly.
:agree2:My truck looked like it was sagging with just my dirt bike trailer on back with a leveling kit. The rear springs are going to sag a couple inches with even a light load. Otherwise your suspension would have to be so stiff that it would ride like crap unloaded. Thats why they come raked from the factory. The first couple inches flexes easy to give you a decent ride

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point on the leveling kit I didn't think about that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
3500lbs is a lot of pin weight - how big is the 5th wheel? Our 13k 5th wheel has a 1950lb pin weight.

I have firestone airbags and really like them. Recently added an onboard air compressor and in cab controls - it makes the set up much more user friendly. With the 5th wheel hitched I can air up the air bags to bring it back to the stock height or higher.

Good luck,

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts