Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... found a good deal on a superchips...

My question is: how do they make power???

My MP8 raises rail pressure, edge increases injection pulse width... what does the SC flashpaq do?

I know i heard some stuff about having to have a certain software flash in order to run the SC, the last I have is the G30, will the SC work for me?

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
it should! The G30 is a module to make you emissions legal in CA in 2010! But they should have updated your software to the AX.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting about the MSD/edge/SC relationship :popcorn:

anyone running an MP8/flashpaq stack?

·
Registered
721 Posts
yep:woot:it r:peeloutocks

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
I am running the cortex and I like it. The 6.7 runs like a raped ape on extreme mode...once the DPF is gone, if my kit ever shows up!!!!!, it will be insane fast. and yes MSD owns S/C and Edge

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
would the SC stack well with the Edge and MP-8?

·
Registered
721 Posts
would the SC stack well with the Edge and MP-8?
I like it. I need water meth, I can hit over 1400 easy. I also need some tranny upgrades. When I'm on it, there's not much change in RPM's between shifts. I haven't had the torque converter slip or tranny slip but that's more because I let the converter lock before I get on it hard. I don't do any loaded launches because I'm pretty confident that the shafts will break. I'll just be gental till the aftermarket catches up. I know a couple tranny co's are close.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My edge has the timing option, it's set to stock,=.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I was told that the S/C Flashpaq makes power by advancing the timing, doesn't the Edge Juice do the same?
Yeah Edge Advances timing. I dont have the option to use stock timing so i guess i am SOL. oh well i will have to go another route.:rof:$:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts