Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
running 2006 dodge mega cab diesel and was woundering if eneyone has run this chip superchip as i heard that it leaves a footprint for warranty and that the tourque will not take the tourque??????

·
Banned
393 Posts
I heard through DDp last year that the Flashpak by superchips doesnt leave a trail, but dodge is crackin down on it so they will find a way to catch ya. I have the same problem. i want a programmer but dont want to lose my warranty. Ask Rolling smoke diesel, they might know.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Smarty is the only programmer I know that claims that it is undetectable.

The Superchips Cortex has a two year warranty on your powertrain if it causes a problem.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Like i said...ask Rollin black Smoke...ask and ye shall recieve.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It does leave a foot print!

I have a superchip to and I was told that it erases your key count back to zero, so if your truck has 30,000 miles or more and you bring it in after using the programmer it will have a low key count and they will know you've plugged in some kind of device. But they still have to be able prove that device did the damage to your vehicle,but then you have to ask your self is it worth it. I run mine mostly on Tow mode and it handles it fine. Occasionally I'll run it on performance and no slip what so ever,but every vehicle is different. I've notice the power difference from my superchip to my predator is extremely different. The Predator programmer has tripple the power of the superchip. I think the superchip provides a little more safe power than most programmers,but than again if your doing boost launches your going to be destroying your trainy. If I had known what I know now I woudn't own one. Buy a SMARTY.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Has anyone used the smarty and had trouble?

·
Banned
275 Posts
No dealer can find a programmer trace if you clear it right..regardless. The computer resets when you set it back to stock all the time, but searching in the right spot on the new ones (keep in mind they have to know where to look and what to look for and most techs are to dumb) but if you then disconnect both batteries and turn you lights on over night, this will clear everything from the system...this came straight from the Techs that I know at the Dealership. I used to work for them, so they give me any info I need and all my work gets covered under warranty anyway..they are Mod Friendly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had to replace a fuel injector in my truck, so i took my chip out hoping they wouldnt find it but they did... But i lucked out, the guy at the dealership liked my truck so much that he said he wouldnt call it in... He just ran a fuel injector flush and then put it under warranty...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had my smarty since January and I can tell you the only problem I have in finding people who can beat me in a "totally legit test of strength on the freeway from 45 to 100"...:lol3:

Its amazing. Wont leave a mark on your truck, they offer free downloads for updates, great customer support. Amazing, in my opinion it is the best programmer for the money.

But whatever you get best of luck to you!:thumbsup

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow!

No dealer can find a programmer trace if you clear it right..regardless. The computer resets when you set it back to stock all the time, but searching in the right spot on the new ones (keep in mind they have to know where to look and what to look for and most techs are to dumb) but if you then disconnect both batteries and turn you lights on over night, this will clear everything from the system...this came straight from the Techs that I know at the Dealership. I used to work for them, so they give me any info I need and all my work gets covered under warranty anyway..they are Mod Friendly.

Have you ever tried this disconnect battery thing ? The reason I ask is, because I have to bring mine in for some work and I use a programmer in my 06. That's good to knew if it works. I have heard from lots cummins mechanics,that lots of diesel techs at dealerships are pretty clueless,but there's always that chance you get MR Diesel working on your truck and snooping around. When I lived in Colorado I know a guy that got his trainy warrantied three times in a year and every time he brought his truck in with the edge monitor on his dash, and all the wires under hood still connected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to replace a fuel injector in my truck, so i took my chip out hoping they wouldnt find it but they did... But i lucked out, the guy at the dealership liked my truck so much that he said he wouldnt call it in... He just ran a fuel injector flush and then put it under warranty...
Why did you have to replace your injector? (smoke, diesel in oil, or performance?) Wondering if i have a problem with a injector, I recently just bought my new ride it has 54000 on it. I changed the oil 2 weeks(350 miles) ago and its already BLACK i dont know if this is normal wondering if injector is faulty(leaking). The only other thing i can think could be problem is rings are bad. There is no chip or mods that i know of. The truck runs great but i do notice a small puff of black smoke when coming off idle(punching the pedal). If any of you guys can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it alot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts