Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed superchips flashpaq in my early '04 cummins and when put on performance it surges when excellerating any ideas

·
Registered
838 Posts
you might not being getting enough fuel on the performance setting, try changing the fuel filter, or you may need some sort of aux pusher pump, i.e. fass, airdog...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would it damage my lift pump or fuel pump by running it dry on those settings cause now i've noticed a little surge in the tow setting but it is not that often we put the same programmer in my buddies same model pickup and it "hauled" i dont get it

·
Registered
761 Posts
make sure you have the latest update for the flashpaq.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the lastest update. i have been doing some research and do u thing it could be turbo lag? or maybe i am not getting enough air? i have a s&b cold air intake and cfm+ intake horn. do u guys know about the s&b cause i am not impressed i think it might be too restrictive? i am going to put my buddies k&n on to see if that fixes it but the s&b doesn't throw codes where the K&n does. any perferences i am thinking of upgrading to the banks cold air is there a better one and does it throw codes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
thats crazy i just bought a flashpaq for my 03 and i was gonna ask if anybody else got the surge in theirs. Mine only does it at part throttle accel. If you put the hammer down it will not surge

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have the same "surge" in my o6'. But it only occurs when Im leaning into the throttle hard to make boost, but just enough that it wont down shift. So I think its something to do with the power deliver of the flashpaq, not something to do with our trucks. I have an intake manifold, cold air kit, and exhaust so the trucks breathin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jjames25 do u have any other performance parts on ur truck? bigbusa were u impressed with the arcflow? do either of u guys know anybody u guys could put ur flashpaq on with close to the same year truck to see if it does it with theirs. cause my buddy has the same truck, early '04 not a high output, and his ran awesome with my programmer. i know a guy with an '07 5.9 that has the flashpaq and it ran awesome too so maybe i can talk him into installing his in mine to see if it does the same and maybe it is just a factory defect from superchip. hopefully!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
cold air and exhaust, thats it. I guess what can a guy expect for a 300 buck tuner

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
superchips are junk. just my .02. ive never had any luck with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.