Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin at buyin a sps 62/71 off my buddies truck. How would that turbo work with my setup since its a daily driver? How is turbo lag? How fast do they spool? Good or bad for egt's? What all is required to fit it off a 3rd gen on my 01? How would it be with 100hp sticks?

·
Premium Member
4,679 Posts
it will be ok with your setup, maybe a little laggy, but the 100's would make it real happy... theres a boot that adapts the third gen turbo to the intercooler, i know jkidd sells them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS that all i need is the intercooler boot? What about for towing?

·
Premium Member
4,679 Posts
its a better turbo for towing than what i got, and i do just fine. and i am much higher elevation than you. i would strongly suggest the injectors to you for the most out of it. it will help alot spooling the turbo. but the sps isnt that laggy to begin with.. and ya theres an adapter boot, and thts all you need. and an hx40 downpipe of course/

Reactions: Kevs01 Cummins

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks snackpack. You have helped alot. Looks like you talked me into buyin the sps turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,679 Posts
let me know if you want a good deal on it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Am I mistaken but are some 3rd Gen turbos not hx40 outlet. And rather a stock style outlet?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Id run a set of 150s with it over a set of 100s

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agree2:

150's are ideal for that turbo

100's are more for the bd super b turbo

So you guys are sayin 100's are not enough and it stock it will be awful? Also will the elbow off 03 up turbo's work with the down pipe i have now or will i need a whole new down pipe? I am gettin the turbo for $500. He didnt like it on his 03 auto.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
its doable it just wont run the way you want it to....it will spool slower...you may like it but you will never know how much better the 150s will make it run till you change em out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok well i got the turbo and am going to order a new hx40 downpipe. My question is can i clock the housing on an industrial injection super phatshaft? I need it clocked so I can Get the intercooler boot from jkidd to work?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was planning on getting this same turbo for my truck. i have an edge juice and 125hp injectors and right now the egt's get a little high when im pulling something. wondering how this turb would be on my truck. I was told the 62/71/14 would be perfect for my truck

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I was planning on getting this same turbo for my truck. i have an edge juice and 125hp injectors and right now the egt's get a little high when im pulling something. wondering how this turb would be on my truck. I was told the 62/71/14 would be perfect for my truck
You'll be fine with it. I would recommend getting headstuds or limiting the boost to the low 40's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts