Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped from 7x.010s BD built injectors to DFI 7x.012s. Never surged until i put the 7x.012s and .093 tubes in. If i baby it up through the rpms but if i try to wot in 4-5-6 gear it starts surging. Only running a drag comp with a s and b intake and the usual upgrades. Also the egts are not much hotter than then they were. Still tough to get up above 1200 with 45 psi of boost. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also had the grounds off the batteries over night if that helps solving the problem any.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Try putting the stock crossover tubes back in and see if that helps. These trucks can act a little funky when you add start adding bigger lines or tubes.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Since you disconnected the batteries, you need to do the APPS reset so the computer can find the sensor position.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
Just swapped from 7x.010s BD built injectors to DFI 7x.012s. Never surged until i put the 7x.012s and .093 tubes in. If i baby it up through the rpms but if i try to wot in 4-5-6 gear it starts surging. Only running a drag comp with a s and b intake and the usual upgrades. Also the egts are not much hotter than then they were. Still tough to get up above 1200 with 45 psi of boost. Thanks
Who recommended the connector tubes? What is the fuel pressure when it starts surging? One more thing to verify. Make sure you are not bumping up against any of the Edge's defueling parameters.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuel pressure is always above 13-14 and i wanted the tubes for a choppy idle, didnt want a lope just a different idle. I like the way they sound. Its a drag comp so there are no defueling parameters.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discribe the surging better... iv never heard a turbo "surge". Iv heard it bark fast when droppin off the pedal.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Feels like power is surging/cutting in and out. Good fuel pressure and just started after injector install. Idle and drives fine its just under a hard pull in 4-6th gears.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Have you tried turnin your edge on 0 and doing it again?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
And were is you fp sensor pre or post filter?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Subscribed. Stupid phone...

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Surging can come from a big turbo producing more boost pressure and volume than the engine can accept. Boost pressure reflects back onto the compressor wheel.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
what does it do with the box off? explain your surge what does it actually do

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I dont think 45psi is too much. Im runnim 45out of mine with 7x.10s.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doesnt do it with the box off. Just feels like it cutting in and out with the box on and starts at 2k rpm

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Do you hear a popping of any kind? Might b floatimg vlvs

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Where is your fp sensor?

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
Make sure everything is sealed. After you run the boost up immediately pull over and take the fuel cap off the fuel tank. Listen carefully for pressure or vacuum. If the tank is pressurized then the copper washers on the end of the injector is not sealed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts