Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best time was a 16 flat.......with a reaction time of .1..................My stock turbo gave me a 15.3........ is it that laggy???? everytime i need to hit 5th gear im outa room. i shift at 3800 rpm....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Get an auto for racing lol... I'll trade you my auto for your 5spd...

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
how are you launching? also, 150's are bordering on being too small for a turbo that size...i run 240's w/ my special and it still have a decent amount of lag...granted, i am an auto though and launch at 20lbs:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hit 60lbs of boost easily....... i launch at 0 lbs at 1800rpm

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my friend with a silver bullet 250's on his 6 speed ran a 17...... but he cant shift good yet.........

·
Registered
229 Posts
im gonna say put some bigger sticks in there and try and get that super b spinning before you leave the line i think around 10psi would help a ton.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do i need to hold the break and push the gas while letting out of the clutch to do that?

·
Registered
623 Posts
yepp, alot of miles off that clutch to cut a half second off your time IMO....

·
Registered
640 Posts
i wouldnt do that if you dont have a dual disc. that kills a single in short order

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
just a thought.....are you overfuel'n down low? i mean, 150s would/are fine for that turbo... and have you tried launch'n at higher RPM's?? i couldn't do squat for times (yes i'm still slow due to mods) but i ran better launch'n at 2300 and 2nd gear

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Get a double disk clutch and launch in 3rd or 4th gear

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3rd gear or 4th gear on a 5 speed? wont that do some damage?

·
Registered
456 Posts
when yall are launching im assuming yall are doin it in 4x4? and are yall just revving it up at 2300 in second and 0 lbs of boost?

seems like the transfer case would wanna blow up...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not a 4x4.......... my friend is.

·
Registered
640 Posts
when guys do it, they slip the clutch (only with a dual disc) and it preloads the drivetrain. not NEAR as hard on it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
so not to hijack, but whats safe to launch a 4x4 at with no boost. (single disk)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why not with a single disk?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
because with a single you are just slipping the crap out of it when trying to build boost up and its really taking a beating

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
auto with the stock turbo and stock injectors and only a drag comp I ran a 14.4. Gotta love the auto. I should be deep into the 12's in two weeks when the track opens :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what does a auto to hold 600 hp cost?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts