Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i dont have time to search, im at work.

im only seeing 36psi after my super b special install...

im thinking it could be the wategate but i hope not because i REALLY dont want to take the manifold/turbo back off....

right now im useing an edge juice for gauges, could it be inaccurate?

thanks

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
the factory map sensor is maxed out at 36 iirc... put a mechanical gauge on it and report back... i would check the waste gate settings as well since that could easily be the problem...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iirc? whats that stand for?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha wow i should have figured that out....

thanks, i think tomarrow ill pinch off the waste gate tube and see if it does anything...

mechanical gauges are next on the list for me anyway

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have mechanical gauges and I'm only seeing around 32-34 at WOT I don't have any tunin yet on my truck so I'm thinking that it may be the factory stuffs max as well. Possibly could be the waste gate also. I was gonna contact bd and see if they know roughly what the waste gate is set at from factory

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
I have mechanical gauges and I'm only seeing around 32-34 at WOT I don't have any tunin yet on my truck so I'm thinking that it may be the factory stuffs max as well. Possibly could be the waste gate also. I was gonna contact bd and see if they know roughly what the waste gate is set at from factory
stock injectors?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Oops, yes. It's all stock

·
Registered
322 Posts
if its all stock no tuner that doesnt surprise me that thats all you make. i am running tnt on level 7 and i make 42 to 45 lbs max and thats only with it floored. for little bit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
remember boost is a measure of restriction with a larger turbo your boost numbers will go down but will flow more cfm.

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
remember boost is a measure of restriction with a larger turbo your boost numbers will go down but will flow more cfm.
yeah but even with a tuner if the injection system is totally stock on a larger turbo like this he will probably only see 40psi max... with my aurora 4k with efi live on stock injectors and stock cp3... the absolute most i saw was 39-40psi and this was at 110mph... most of the time it was right at 34-35 WOT and when i was at Garmon on jeffs dyno it only made 34 psi...

he would need larger injectors to drive the charger a little more to see more boost.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what i read there is no way to adjust the wastegate wile its in the truck correct?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill have to take a look at it, i read it in a couple other threads.

·
Diesel sniffer
3,801 Posts
If on a 3rd gen manifold it's next to impossible to get at while in place.

Reactions: 06 5.9

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats what i keep reading... How bad would it be if i just zip tied the hose shut lol, ive seen a couple guys do that

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive got the super b special as well and im seeing 38 at wot but also this turbo is going to flow more than your stock turbo and that will lower boost in itself. see sig for supporting modifications im running ive been thinking of adjusting the wastgate as well though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts